Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5044 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Actually, it's not bad marketing. He's setting a high Buy It Now price, just in case someone with more money than sense just has to have it now. You'd be surprised how often that happens. What is odd is that he says email me for a lower price. Not good marketing.

Then, he puts in the "Make Offer" option.

In the end, he's setting a high bar, and putting a thought in folks head. Yeah, he'll probably get market price in the end, but he's probably raising the market price when all is said and done.

  • Like 1
Posted

Honestly, Nike masks are cool as hell and super light, but I'm not sure they're worth more than any other Ti mask. Aside from the cool factor, that is.

Posted

Honestly, Nike masks are cool as hell and super light, but I'm not sure they're worth more than any other Ti mask. Aside from the cool factor, that is.

The cool factor is the Nikes primary selling point. Is it lighter than other Ti masks yes, more comfortable so I've heard, but is it worth 2.5x the price of any other Ti mask IMO no. The cool factor that it is worn by pros and not available in stores is what makes it appealing and expensive.

Posted

It's all about the cool factor. I like my Champro Magnesium, with the TW pads. The frame is nearly as light, but my rig protects better. But it sure ain't cool.

Cool is why we wear plate coats, when a jacket will do. It's also why guys ride Harleys, when Hondas go faster and farther. And I gots no problem with that.

Posted

I had 2 Nikes. Other guys wanted them worse than I, and I needed new stuff. I am back to old faithful powder coated FM25 as my primary, but another Nike will be mine. Oh yes. It will be mine.

Posted

It's all about the cool factor. I like my Champro Magnesium, with the TW pads. The frame is nearly as light, but my rig protects better. But it sure ain't cool.

Cool is why we wear plate coats, when a jacket will do. It's also why guys ride Harleys, when Hondas go faster and farther. And I gots no problem with that.

This is my Champro Magnesium and I think its cool!

post-1097-135059639613_thumb.jpg

Posted

Honestly, Nike masks are cool as hell and super light, but I'm not sure they're worth more than any other Ti mask. Aside from the cool factor, that is.

I just dont think of NIKE as an umpire equipment supplier....when they start making CP's, shin guards, plate shoes etc, Ill take them more serious as umpire gear...until then I see many other Ti masks as just as good and more umpire appropriate....

And for $700 to me any "cool" factor is overweighed by the "a sucker born every minute" factor.

Posted

It's all about the cool factor. I like my Champro Magnesium, with the TW pads. The frame is nearly as light, but my rig protects better. But it sure ain't cool.

Cool is why we wear plate coats, when a jacket will do. It's also why guys ride Harleys, when Hondas go faster and farther. And I gots no problem with that.

This is my Champro Magnesium and I think its cool!

it's not :P
Posted

Honestly, Nike masks are cool as hell and super light, but I'm not sure they're worth more than any other Ti mask. Aside from the cool factor, that is.

I just dont think of NIKE as an umpire equipment supplier....when they start making CP's, shin guards, plate shoes etc, Ill take them more serious as umpire gear...until then I see many other Ti masks as just as good and more umpire appropriate....

And for $700 to me any "cool" factor is overweighed by the "a sucker born every minute" factor.

:wave: ^^^^ WHAT HE SAID!
Posted

It's all about the cool factor. I like my Champro Magnesium, with the TW pads. The frame is nearly as light, but my rig protects better. But it sure ain't cool.

Cool is why we wear plate coats, when a jacket will do. It's also why guys ride Harleys, when Hondas go faster and farther. And I gots no problem with that.

Mine is definately cool..... Even cooler is the fact that I got it for the right price: $0 :notworthy:

Posted

Honestly, Nike masks are cool as hell and super light, but I'm not sure they're worth more than any other Ti mask. Aside from the cool factor, that is.

I just dont think of NIKE as an umpire equipment supplier....when they start making CP's, shin guards, plate shoes etc, Ill take them more serious as umpire gear...until then I see many other Ti masks as just as good and more umpire appropriate....

And for $700 to me any "cool" factor is overweighed by the "a sucker born every minute" factor.

Well I know their catchers protect their MLB catchers I will trust their mask.

Posted

Honestly, Nike masks are cool as hell and super light, but I'm not sure they're worth more than any other Ti mask. Aside from the cool factor, that is.

I just dont think of NIKE as an umpire equipment supplier....when they start making CP's, shin guards, plate shoes etc, Ill take them more serious as umpire gear...until then I see many other Ti masks as just as good and more umpire appropriate....

And for $700 to me any "cool" factor is overweighed by the "a sucker born every minute" factor.

Well I know their catchers protect their MLB catchers I will trust their mask.

Yup, and so does All-star, Reebok, Wilson, Under-Armor..............but protection isnt the question.....the question from my view is the nike swoosh worth $700.......

Posted

Honestly, Nike masks are cool as hell and super light, but I'm not sure they're worth more than any other Ti mask. Aside from the cool factor, that is.

I just dont think of NIKE as an umpire equipment supplier....when they start making CP's, shin guards, plate shoes etc, Ill take them more serious as umpire gear...until then I see many other Ti masks as just as good and more umpire appropriate....

And for $700 to me any "cool" factor is overweighed by the "a sucker born every minute" factor.

Well I know their catchers protect their MLB catchers I will trust their mask.

Yup, and so does All-star, Reebok, Wilson, Under-Armor..............but protection isnt the question.....the question from my view is the nike swoosh worth $700.......

:big_no: not by half
Posted

Just receive a reply from the seller of this mask. He wrote me that the lowest that he will go is $600.00.

No wonder I didn't get a reply with my $100 offer...

×
×
  • Create New...