Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5152 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

In 4 man (and a lot of 3 man situations) you are not bound to taking plays from the inside and one can stay outside if desired.

Posted

In pro ball you are aloud to take plays on the outside.. it's called rimming... but it is an advance mechanic... takes time to learn it.. but it sure is nice..

And in CCA, too

Posted

In pro ball you are aloud to take plays on the outside.. it's called rimming... but it is an advance mechanic... takes time to learn it.. but it sure is nice..

And in CCA, too

I pretty sure its not in the CCA.. you can use it in college..if your assignor is ok with it.

Posted

That brings up preferences for U2 positioning in the outfield. Do most mechanics still allow either the batter's strong side or weak side? That position has a lot to do with whether a RIM is necessary.

Posted

I don't work anything but 2 man do I can't comment on the mechanics but he definitely looked safe on the replays unless I am missing something.

Posted

Old American League mechanic reinstated a few years ago I believe.

Maybe safe...but the ball in glove in front of the base before the runner gets there equals...

Posted

looks like the inverse of this call

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=22004753&source=MLB&gid=2012_06_03_texmlb_anamlb_1

or this

http://umpire-empire.com/index.php/topic/35147-play-at-plate/

Posted

Old American League mechanic reinstated a few years ago I believe.

Maybe safe...but the ball in glove in front of the base before the runner gets there equals...

Don't know anymore as evidenced by this play: http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=24130491

Which is the subject of another thread today.


×
×
  • Create New...