Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5213 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

LL Mother suing the catcher who threw ball that hit her in the face. Thoughts? Might have to reevaluate my insurance if this sort of thing starts to become more rampant.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/8085065/new-jersey-woman-sues-little-league-catcher

Posted

Imagine that. Another dumbass LL parent. Whoda thunk it?

Posted

Add another to the list of embarrassing youth baseball incidents in NJ. Our state's getting a bad rap. :shakehead:

Posted

Add another to the list of embarrassing youth baseball incidents in NJ. Our state's getting a bad rap. :shakehead:

Yeah, what is in the water there in Jersey? Didn't look at the dateline when I first looked at it, but it does seem we get quite a few out of that state.

Posted

Add another to the list of embarrassing youth baseball incidents in NJ. Our state's getting a bad rap. :shakehead:

Yeah, what is in the water there in Jersey? Didn't look at the dateline when I first looked at it, but it does seem we get quite a few out of that state.

I don't know what to tell ya. I'm up in the northern part of the state and have been able to avoid these ugly events. Most seem to be happening well south of my area. However I am down in central Jersey tonight close to where some of these horror stories are coming from. :unsure:

Posted

Add another to the list of embarrassing youth baseball incidents in NJ. Our state's getting a bad rap. :shakehead:

Yeah, what is in the water there in Jersey? Didn't look at the dateline when I first looked at it, but it does seem we get quite a few out of that state.

LL horses**t capital of the free world. Parents either fighting or suing. F**king retarded!
Posted

“He throws his best fast ball over the bullpen into the picnic area, striking my client in the face,†Mian said

Really? Over a six foot fence? Give me a freakin break.

:jerkit:

  • Like 1
Posted

“He throws his best fast ball over the bullpen into the picnic area, striking my client in the face,†Mian said

Really? Over a six foot fence? Give me a freakin break.

:jerkit:

Saw that as well, and started to think that the lawyer is grasping at straws.

Posted

The suit isn't about an errant ball. It's about the catcher intentionally throwing at her. There's more to this story, folks.

http://www.app.com/a...&nclick_check=1

Plus, they're just going after what the kid's parents homeowners insurance will cover, and not trying to take their house.

so are you saying the insurance co should be responsible for it? should the suit hold up? Tragic? Yes. Stupid? absolutely. If a foul/overthrow/thrown bat/whatever hits a fan, it sucks to be them. Next they'll sue over busted windshields again
Posted

The suit isn't about an errant ball. It's about the catcher intentionally throwing at her. There's more to this story, folks.

http://www.app.com/a...;nclick_check=1

Plus, they're just going after what the kid's parents homeowners insurance will cover, and not trying to take their house.

so are you saying the insurance co should be responsible for it? should the suit hold up? Tragic? Yes. Stupid? absolutely. If a foul/overthrow/thrown bat/whatever hits a fan, it sucks to be them. Next they'll sue over busted windshields again

Why I may need to reevaluate my insurance. The liability umbrella is becoming a necessity, even when you do not own property.

Posted

The suit isn't about an errant ball. It's about the catcher intentionally throwing at her. There's more to this story, folks.

http://www.app.com/a...;nclick_check=1

Plus, they're just going after what the kid's parents homeowners insurance will cover, and not trying to take their house.

so are you saying the insurance co should be responsible for it? should the suit hold up? Tragic? Yes. Stupid? absolutely. If a foul/overthrow/thrown bat/whatever hits a fan, it sucks to be them. Next they'll sue over busted windshields again

Why I may need to reevaluate my insurance. The liability umbrella is becoming a necessity, even when you do not own property.

guess we will all see official tables set up at every game for fans to sign waivers soon. Look for it folks. It's coming.
Posted

Do we have the old statue of limitations (2 years) conveniently at play here. This lawsuit should have immediately filed and announced to all the local newspapers the next day, not 2 years later after things had died down.

Posted

Wow....

what a sad state of affairs.

Just take the jury to any 11 y/o game and let them watch a few minutes and then tell me if any of these kids can intentionally hit their target. Case dismissed.

  • Like 2
Posted

Wow....

what a sad state of affairs.

Just take the jury to any 11 y/o game and let them watch a few minutes and then tell me if any of these kids can intentionally hit their target. Case dismissed.

Amen Chief
Posted

“He throws his best fast ball over the bullpen into the picnic area, striking my client in the face,†Mian said

Really? Over a six foot fence? Give me a freakin break.

:jerkit:

11u best fastball over a fence and some distance (not exactly known). Article said it broke her orbital socket requiring surgery. I'm sorry it happened, but c'mon. Why should all state pay for what happened MILES from the insured property? She will probably sue Cracker Barrel for cutting heself on a steak knife. Geez.
Posted

Add another to the list of embarrassing youth baseball incidents in NJ. Our state's getting a bad rap. :shakehead:

Yeah, what is in the water there in Jersey? Didn't look at the dateline when I first looked at it, but it does seem we get quite a few out of that state.

I don't know what to tell ya. I'm up in the northern part of the state and have been able to avoid these ugly events. Most seem to be happening well south of my area. However I am down in central Jersey tonight close to where some of these horror stories are coming from. :unsure:

This is in my neck of the woods. I don't work that league, but I know guys that do.

This will die quietly...the insurance company will come up with a settlement...IMHO

Posted

Add another to the list of embarrassing youth baseball incidents in NJ. Our state's getting a bad rap. :shakehead:

Yeah, what is in the water there in Jersey? Didn't look at the dateline when I first looked at it, but it does seem we get quite a few out of that state.

I don't know what to tell ya. I'm up in the northern part of the state and have been able to avoid these ugly events. Most seem to be happening well south of my area. However I am down in central Jersey tonight close to where some of these horror stories are coming from. :unsure:

This is in my neck of the woods. I don't work that league, but I know guys that do.

This will die quietly...the insurance company will come up with a settlement...IMHO

Yeah and I hope they choke on it.

×
×
  • Create New...