Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5833 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Ok, ...I'm a small town local league hack, ...I admit it ....but I don't get paid $400,000 a year, ...and MISS the pitch at :16 of this video....:wow::HS:WTF

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=12769677

And ...

HW's cp looks like it's from 1982 ...cracks and rusted rivets and all.... (1:19)

Thats the first thing I noticed. What brand is that???

Posted

This is what PitchFX shows for the at bat. Nobody whined (Gardenhire) about the first pitch that was off the plate and called a strike but they sure did whine on the pitch in question. Front runner that Gardenhire. On the fox cam it shows the pitch touching the corner, but on PitchFX it shows it inside the zone. Fox's drawn square is a bunch of crap IMHO.

http://www.brooksbaseball.net/pfxVB/cache/location.php-pitchSel=134321&game=gid_2010_10_07_nyamlb_minmlb_1&batterX=49&innings=yyyyyyyyy&sp_type=1&s_type=3.gif

And Hunter isn't in the 400k club yet. That is only for the senior umpires and Hunter is not in that category yet.

Posted

This is what PitchFX shows for the at bat. Nobody whined (Gardenhire) about the first pitch that was off the plate and called a strike but they sure did whine on the pitch in question. Front runner that Gardenhire. On the fox cam it shows the pitch touching the corner, but on PitchFX it shows it inside the zone. Fox's drawn square is a bunch of crap IMHO.

http://www.brooksbaseball.net/pfxVB/cache/location.php-pitchSel=134321&game=gid_2010_10_07_nyamlb_minmlb_1&batterX=49&innings=yyyyyyyyy&sp_type=1&s_type=3.gif

And Hunter isn't in the 400k club yet. That is only for the senior umpires and Hunter is not in that category yet.

Ok, ...whatever, but he's in the 6 figure club I bet....

Posted

Plate Meeting

We are not arguing balls and strikes!!!!!!!

I wasn't there standing in his shoes behind the plate.

So I am not going to question his call.

Posted

I wasn't there standing in his shoes behind the plate.

So I am not going to question his call.

of course you weren't .....but you'd be BANGIN' that pitch all day long and you know it :wow:

Posted

Plate Meeting

We are not arguing balls and strikes!!!!!!!

I didn't realize you were the ExpertVillage umpire.

Posted

of course you weren't .....but you'd be BANGIN' that pitch all day long and you know it :wow:

It is refreshing to see that there is an umpire that never misses a strike.

Get over it.

Posted (edited)

He kicked it, plain and simple.

Doesn't matter what his salary is or isn't. He kicked what should have been strike 3 - which means Berkman gets a second life, and it changes the game.

He kicked it.

And no, I'm not a Twins fan - got no dog in this hunt.

Edited by BrianC14
Posted

It is refreshing to see that there is an umpire that never misses a strike.

Get over it.

:blah:blah

Don't even start with that crap. Go re-read my post ...what's the first thing I say? Here, I'll type it again in case you missed it:

Ok, ...I'm a small town local league hack, ...I admit it

Gee, sounds like I'm perfect, doesn't it ?? :wow::HS

Please don't tell me you see a 'ball' on that pitch, please ....

Posted

of course you weren't .....but you'd be BANGIN' that pitch all day long and you know it ;)

I haven't missed a pitch since.......:blah

Last Monday Night and it happened to be a pitch off the plate that I rang up a 3rd Strike on. :wow: :HS

Posted

I haven't missed a pitch since.......:HS

Last Monday Night and it happened to be a pitch off the plate that I rang up a 3rd Strike on. :wow::HS

:blah We're allowed to do that Lou!! ;)

Posted

:blah:blah

Don't even start with that crap. Go re-read my post ...what's the first thing I say? Here, I'll type it again in case you missed it:

Ok, ...I'm a small town local league hack, ...I admit it

Gee, sounds like I'm perfect, doesn't it ?? :shakehead::jerkit:

Please don't tell me you see a 'ball' on that pitch, please ....

You still implied that the miss was so gross that no one else would miss it. In fact we'd all be "BANGIN' that pitch all day long".

It really doesn't matter what I think the pitch is, the batter thinks the pitch is, or anyone else other than the PU thinks the pitch is. Sometimes pitches are missed. Deal with it.

Posted

You still implied that the miss was so gross that no one else would miss it. In fact we'd all be "BANGIN' that pitch all day long".

It really doesn't matter what I think the pitch is, the batter thinks the pitch is, or anyone else other than the PU thinks the pitch is. Sometimes pitches are missed. Deal with it.

First of all, I told Semper-Fi he'd be bangin' it all day long, ...not WE/or ALL of us...wasn't referring to you....

I didn't IMPLY anything...I flat out said it ...

And, I AM dealing with it ....and I'm doing just fine, and not losing any sleep over it either, ...it's my thread....

Lastly, if you wouldn't have responded with a reply as if to say that I IMPLIED I WAS PERFECT.....I probably wouldn't have responded at all ...

Look ...I got the pot stirring!! Why do you think I post all the videos , etc, etc....get this place going....:shakehead:

Posted

First of all, I told Semper-Fi he'd be bangin' it all day long, ...not WE/or ALL of us...wasn't referring to you....

I didn't IMPLY anything...I flat out said it ...

And, I AM dealing with it ....and I'm doing just fine, and not losing any sleep over it either, ...it's my thread....

Lastly, if you wouldn't have responded with a reply as if to say that I IMPLIED I WAS PERFECT.....I probably wouldn't have responded at all ...

Look ...I got the pot stirring!! Why do you think I post all the videos , etc, etc....get this place going....:shakehead:

Got cha. :jerkit:

Posted

WHAT THE ... ???

How on Earth can there be a single umpire who can look himself in the mirror after defending Wendelstedt on that epic swallowing?

Good Christ, why are we even there if that's not a strike? And how many other pitches did he miss in that abysmal, amateurish performance? I'm going to watch it again and count the obvious misses, and I'll bet there are two dozen or so. A major league umpire calling a PONY game in the postseason!!!.

It's known as baseball's narrowest door. And it is ... unless your dad props it open for you before it hits him in the @ss!

I used to idolize Harry, until he stuck us with this buffoon. I don't know what's more absurd: Hunter's work, or those who defend it.

Posted

It may have been a strike but my guess is it was in more than that foxtrac thing showed. The first one was probably not as far off the plate as it showed. The whole thing is probably off an inch or two.

Posted

Actually, as much as I would like to, this is one thing that you can't blame on Fox; it was TBS's system.

So, are you saying that he didn't choke, and that he doesn't suck?

But there's another point: You don't need an electronic eye gizmo to know that's a strike, and to know how badly Hunter swallowed it.

Posted

There was a recent blown call of Hunter's, after which Dusty Baker came out to protest. While Baker was making his plea, Hunter was calling for some baseballs from the batboy. Dusty Baker is one of the finest men in the game, and has been for decades, and this Hunter Wendelstedt treated him like a schoolboy.

What a classless boor that Hunter is. He can wear his dad's chest protector and his plate coat, but that's the closest he'll get to resembling a great umpire.

Posted

I'm not saying he didn't miss it or that he sucks either. I was just pointing out that I'd hate to think the " outside " called strike was as far off the plate as the computer showed and that maybe the whole system was off and it wasn't as bad as it looked.

As stupid as this sounds, I think I would like to see a couple of games played with the Foxtrac or any networks strike system calling all the pitches just to see some of the players reactions on some of the pitches. I may be wrong but I bet there will be just as many complaints and chirping as they walk back to the bench as there are now. Or maybe the pitchers and catchers will be doing all the crying.

Posted

Guys were talking a boarder line pitch that was balled, not a cockshot. The earlier pitch absolutely that was a miss, yet nobody mentioned a thing about it at the time.

Would I have called it a strike in one of my cames, yes. But I'm a HS level ump with no cameras on me and I need strikes.

I hardly think there has been any abysmal performances this post season, by any umpire.

Posted

OH MY GOD!!

With the money these buffoons make you would think they could do their job. I'm tired of seeing these types of performances. If they can't do the job, get someone in who can. Prime example.

Fastball straight down the c*ck and he couldn't even make contact. And this was just your average 94 mph pitch. Should have been a gap double if not a HR.

These guys are making millions of dollars and they cant even turn on a ball in their wheelhouse.

Lets not even start with the outfielders being unable to, first glove a ground ball, then transfer the ball to make a throw in. Gee I have 8 gold gloves but I'm going to bobble this one and let runners get into scoring position.

As far as pitchers go, I've seen less balls hitting the ground in a Globetrotter game. Are they now teaching these princesses to bounce one in at 59'? Doesn't surprise me if they did concerning the quality of batter's out there.

There have been some nice performances out there, but as always they are brought down to the level of their peers. This is the worst baseball in 107 years. They need instant replay alright. "Hey bubba, check it out, you muffed it again. How bout that at bat? Got a hole in your glove. We playin cricket, sparky?"

I guess I will have to deal with it.

Posted

There was a recent blown call of Hunter's, after which Dusty Baker came out to protest. While Baker was making his plea, Hunter was calling for some baseballs from the batboy. Dusty Baker is one of the finest men in the game, and has been for decades, and this Hunter Wendelstedt treated him like a schoolboy.

What a classless boor that Hunter is. He can wear his dad's chest protector and his plate coat, but that's the closest he'll get to resembling a great umpire.

But really Kevin, tell us how you really feel :banghead:

Posted

OH MY GOD!!

With the money these buffoons make you would think they could do their job. I'm tired of seeing these types of performances. If they can't do the job, get someone in who can. Prime example.

Fastball straight down the c*ck and he couldn't even make contact. And this was just your average 94 mph pitch. Should have been a gap double if not a HR.

These guys are making millions of dollars and they cant even turn on a ball in their wheelhouse.

Lets not even start with the outfielders being unable to, first glove a ground ball, then transfer the ball to make a throw in. Gee I have 8 gold gloves but I'm going to bobble this one and let runners get into scoring position.

As far as pitchers go, I've seen less balls hitting the ground in a Globetrotter game. Are they now teaching these princesses to bounce one in at 59'? Doesn't surprise me if they did concerning the quality of batter's out there.

There have been some nice performances out there, but as always they are brought down to the level of their peers. This is the worst baseball in 107 years. They need instant replay alright. "Hey bubba, check it out, you muffed it again. How bout that at bat? Got a hole in your glove. We playin cricket, sparky?"

I guess I will have to deal with it.

You either forgot the :banghead:

or you're clueless.


×
×
  • Create New...