New West Vest

Triguy29
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4269 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I know this topic has come up before but I need some specific advice. My new West Vest is way tight on my neck. I know that I should put a girls basketball in there but how do I keep it secure? Also, when I wear it high where it should be the shoulder pads are actually off of my shoulders. How do I break them in to fit better?

• Like 1

If you're a smaller guy like myself.. I wear medium shirts.. the WV protectors rubbed my necks too.. You probably have too big of a size. The WV Gold in Small fit perfectly for me.. but I now use the 11 inch douglas which fits me perfectly.

OK..I broke down and ordered a Wilson Gold CP. It will be my first unit and my Champro Hard Shell will be my back up. I decided that the plastic buckles could pose a problem and I didn't have a back up. I got it for $154 with free shipping. Not bad. It will go nice with my Wilson Dyna Lite. Good thing the wife doesn't look at the credit card statements.

It really depends upon the person. I'm 5'10" and the 12" Platinum was way too short on me. My lower two ribs were left exposed. I'm planning on going with the 15" All Star.

It really does depend on the person. Some of our wives inspect every line of the credit card statements. I have to use Pay Pal or the check card from the business account that she doesn't have access to.

It really depends upon the person. I'm 5'10" and the 12" Platinum was way too short on me. My lower two ribs were left exposed. I'm planning on going with the 15" All Star.

It really does depend on the person. Some of our wives inspect every line of the credit card statements. I have to use Pay Pal or the check card from the business account that she doesn't have access to.

Shipping to my office has been wonderful. "No Honey, that's the same black chest protector I had last year."

• Like 1

With a helping hand from SDix, who bought my +POS black quarter-zip pullover, I was able to slip the new Majestic Therma Base into the closet without a word from SWMBO. To her it's just an umpire jacket with white stripes on the shoulders.

Sweet. Mine says," I sure hope you umpire a lot of games to pay for all the stuff you've been getting." I've had several boxes come to the house before I switched shipping locations. Now if the rain would just quit and we get some games going.

My new WIlson Gold West Vest came in today. Holy comfort Batman. This Gold CP is amazing. I must say, I look good in it too, with the black short sleeve and my black Wilson Dyna Lite mask. From now on I will listen closely to the experience on this board. :notworthy: What do you think of the Team Wendy's tan pads?

With a helping hand from SDix, who bought my +POS black quarter-zip pullover, I was able to slip the new Majestic Therma Base into the closet without a word from <acronym title='She who must be obeyed'>SWMBO</acronym>. To her it's just an umpire jacket with white stripes on the shoulders.

Sweet. Mine says," I sure hope you umpire a lot of games to pay for all the stuff you've been getting." I've had several boxes come to the house before I switched shipping locations. Now if the rain would just quit and we get some games going.

I'm thinking about ordering a WV platinum but I'm a bit scared. I have ordered a lot o stuff this years. When my Plate shoes came in she was pissed. I was umpire a game an wasn't able to intercept the delivery. I have been married for 13 years on the 20th of this month and I know she won't kill me but she is likely to kick my ace!!!

See, I don't put up with crap like you wimps. I tell her, I'll be getting what I want, when I want, and it's none of her business. I'm a man, I've got my pride, and I won't be dictated to under any circumstances. You sissies need to man up and tell her just how things are run. If I want to spend $170 on a piece of gear, by gosh I spend $170 on a piece of gear and that's the END of it. Period.

The fact that, coincidentally, she gets a $200 gift card at approximately/exactly the same time has NOTHING to do with it.

• Like 3

See, I don't put up with crap like you wimps. I tell her, I'll be getting what I want, when I want, and it's none of her business. I'm a man, I've got my pride, and I won't be dictated to under any circumstances. You sissies need to man up and tell her just how things are run. If I want to spend $170 on a piece of gear, by gosh I spend $170 on a piece of gear and that's the END of it. Period.

The fact that, coincidentally, she gets a $200 gift card at approximately/exactly the same time has NOTHING to do with it.

I second that, my problem is I'm unemployed and dont have the money to buy her off. LOL :-)

I'm in the market for a new CP and tried on the WV Platinum on Wed. I have to say I was disappointed at how it fit. The padding in the center seems way too thick. When i got it sized up to cover my collar bone i pulled on a mask and couldn't tilt my head down due to the padding. Is this just me or a common issue? Is the WV Gold the same way?