The October SoCal Faction

sdix00
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4457 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

The only better price ($12-$15) would be at TJ Maxx or Marshall's or Ross, but it's luck of the draw.

I was parousing the TJ's in Palm Springs last week! Nuttin'! :D

See here. You have to let us know if you are going to be in SoCal.

I know, I know.... but it was only PS for 5 days ....

Not buyin it, lol.

At least One of the guys on this board calls California Winter League games at the old Angels Stadium in Palm Springs. (Collegiate scout league)

UC Riverside plays their games an hour's drive from PS.

Just bustin on ya. Hope you had a good trip. :nod:

You guys are forgetting something. The MLB guys are in a UNION. If they want individual cuts of apparel fees, or sponsorship of certain clothing, they already have a forum for that type of discussion. Union contracts don't last forever. Getting free uniforms and or as much gear as they need to perform their job AND a per diem seems like a pretty good concession that the union was able to get put in their latest contract. The days of stealing baseballs from the dugout to get a free meal at the local watering hole after the game are long gone.

Man, almost want to travel to SoCal for this plan in October. Finally get to meet KFinn, especially since I feel it isnt fair that he knows who I am but I dont know who he is LOL

Well, I can promise a great time and a hell of a baseball experience.

Starting a new thread in FreeForAll on this subject so we don't hijack this any more than we have :unsure:

This is being started over here because it was off track from the 'uniform stash' post in equipment.

We all got to talking about doing a game together in SoCal w/ Kevin Finnerty, and people just kept chiming in. Maybe I can get Warren to attach / take away our posts from that thread and move them here?

I'm looking at being in SoCal first weekend of October (or so) and maybe getting together and doing a College Scrimmage with others in a 4 man.

Let's talk! :D