-
Posts
361 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
4
Everything posted by Forest Ump
-
I thought I would share with the group what I use for equipment cleaning. I have used a lot of different cleaners and I have found this to be what I like best. This stuff is called “Scrubs in a Bucketâ€. They are individual towels with imbedded soap with just enough abrasiveness to do a good cleaning. I ran across these at a plant I was working at and decided to try them on my equipment. It works great on shoes after the game. The soap emulsifies the dirt and leaves my shoes looking great. I also use them on my shin guards. It has the added benefit of keeping your hands clean. You can find these on the net, just goggle the name. Staples has them for $12.95 with free delivery. Opps, That title should read Good not Godd.
-
Why threaten the coach/manager with an ejection? In the absence of an AD, not uncommon, walk over to the head coach of the home team and tell him a fan is creating a nuisance. Can he please have him removed? If its one man discussing with another man about an issue calmly and respectfully, then you shouldn't have to ratchet up to DEFCON 2. One of the distinctions between good umpires and great umpires is handling situations in a calm professional manner.
-
Boy...you got that right!
-
As others have said, you did the right thing. I will add this. When you and your partner(s) get together and the result is a change in the call, walk over to the other manager and explain to him what you are going to do. Go together as a team. This way he will not come out on you and do what happened in your game. Additionally, if a manager comes to you to get help, ask him what it is exactly that he wants you to get help with. Then tell him that you will get help but he is to return to his position and that he cannot continue to argue if the call does not go his way. Continuing to do so will lead to an ejection.
-
When the HC identified the scorekeeper as an AC, he loses whatever spectator immunity he had. Dump him right then and there like you did. That would have been fun to hear. HC says "it's OK my scorekeeper an AC". Oh really, OK he's gone.
-
I had flown down to San Diego on that Monday to do some contract work at Camp Pendleton Marine Corp Base. My wife called and woke me up that Tuesday morning to tell me what happened. I remember just being in shock as we both talked to each other on the phone. Later that morning, I drove over to the base and found that it was shutdown tight. Contractors and non-essential personnel were not getting on the base that day. Not being able to fly home or get my work done, I decided I would just keep my rental car and drive home, about a 550 mile trip. It was a long ride home listening to every news channel I could find on the radio. I remember what a welcome relief it was to get back home and be with my family.
-
+1 (Sorry for the multiple post, can't get my computer to obey me this morning)
-
I had an ejection in a Babe Ruth game where I wasn't sure who said it. The DT appealed runner leaving early from 2nd on fly ball to F9. I ruled safe. Someone from the dugout yelled that's two you've missed. I turned towards the dugout and said you're gone. Someone said which one. I said, whoever said that. The AC got up and left. Someone has to go when they show you up. It may not be the right guy, but it sends a message that you are not going to lay down and take crap.
-
That reminds of something funny that happened at the only Cubs game I have ever been to. They announced a winner for some fan that was a weekend trip to Pittsburg. Someone in the stands yelled out " 2nd place is a week". :lol:
-
If the tag was hard and to the head but is borderline not malicious, I may say this to the fielder. I'm going to say, "I don't want to ever see that again", in a very stern way. This will diffuse the sitution between the players. It will shut that coach down before he speaks up, and it shows you are on top of what's going on. Maybe.
-
We do "Coaches and Captains" during HS playoffs and championship games.
-
Need some more back story here. Why did the UIC want him gone at the PM?
-
Absolutely....Why would you allow him to show you up again? Send the rat packing.
-
Your guess is correct. Why give him plenty of rope because he's a super rat? Take care of business early and you don't have to put up with these a$$ clowns.
-
I was having my morning coffee. You owe me a keyboard :smachhead:
-
Sounds like a good ejection to me.
-
Interesting scenario. I looked it up in the BRD and it states OBR is the same as FED. FED rule 10-1-6 states that ejections will be made at the end of playing action. So you have to give us a little more. Was playing action stopped when you ejected the catcher or was the attempt by R1 continuous action? The way I envision this playing out, I would rule that playing action has ceased when I ejected the catcher and I would return the runner back to 1st.
-
FED 3-2-4 ....The head coach must attend the pregame conference, if available. Penalty: The head coach will be restricted to the dugout for the remainder of the game, except to attend to a sick or injured player, if he refuses to attend the pregame conference. Matt...If you would have done this, you wouldn't be wondering if he should have been ejected.
-
Here it is. http://www.worldstar...tK86wS8raeEme68 She must have a sister cause she was at my game on Wednesday. She has a brother too. He at every other game I do. He likes to say, "Horrible, just horrible." These types are at every game and it seems to me to be worse this year. The norms of decent social behavior are not evident anymore at sporting events.
-
So to sum it up: OBR, Canada. Two Bases TOI. Award without regard to the balls intial momentum. Intentional is penalized. NCAA / FED. Award one or two bases TOI. Take into account the balls initial momentum. Intentional may not be penalized.
-
Good advise. While you're at it, squeeze his hand and tell him quietly to yell. That will sell it.
-
Well if you don't like it, there is always this solution. Tattoo Remover
-
The intent of the question is to test your knowledge of TOP awards or TOT awards. Placing the runners is not relevent to the question.
-
Forget not using an indicator. Get a three wheel plastic indicator. I use the large one that has three screws holding it together. Sometimes I take it apart and clean the numbers plus touch them up with a sharpie. Take a file or a dremel and notch the zero's. Then you can reset it without ever looking at it. Don't forget ebay for good bargains on umpire gear. Have a great season.
