-
Posts
132 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by Moe
-
Picked up a Wilson TI with two tone pads, and I got black TW pads to go with it. Pics to come.
-
I'd like to have a chance to watch it. I do live in Canada though...
-
I want to add another comment. It seems with the shape of the Wilson (round and fitting closer to your head) its POSSIBLE that the plastic is more likely to come in to contact with your head than the All-Star. The All-Star SEEMS to be shaped better to disperse the force. Just my thoughts...
- 41 replies
-
- HSM
- Wilson FX 2.0
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
lol I know. It's ok.
-
Hello, I hope to be moving to Ottawa. I was wondering what the umpiring situation looks there. What divisions are there? What rules do you use? OBS? SOBA?
-
I have to say, if I was a catcher, I'd get two All-star FM4000 and put TW on one and use that umpiring and use the stock pads on the second one for catching. The reason is that it is an amazing mask and is reasonable priced. If I had unlimited funds, I'd get the Rawlings TI for catching. But it's about 200$. The all-star should be around 60-80$ so I'd get two. You can also get different colors of stock pads to match your team color and get black TW pads for umpiring.
-
I would have told the catcher that if he wanted to talk, don't talk during the pitch. And for 13U ball, I would be hesitant to toss a pitcher, but since this is travel ball, I would probably have tossed him. In my 13U league, the pitchers really can't pitch and hit batters are usually the cause of a mistake. But since he smiled before and missed to far inside and since it was travel ball, I would have tossed him.
-
Did the catch look something like this? http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id=26588237&c_id=mlb If that happens, I would see if the ball was predominately in the glove or if it hit the ground. But it's a tough call. Either way, one team or the other will get pissed. That's the fun part of umpiring.
-
Which throat guard so you think is lighter? The plastic or the spider?
-
If my memory is correct Honig's and Ump-Attire are the sole US distributors of TW pads. So you likely will have to place separate orders to get what you are looking for as neither carries the Rawlings mask.. I think, what he is trying to do is find someone here to receive the packages, bundle it in one and ship it to him. LOL no, I was looking for a online retailer who sells both.
-
Could someone let me know a good website that has this that ships to Canada? They don't have it on Ump-attire.com and I only found it on Amazon.com but they don't have TW. I would like to ship it all together because I live in Canada and have to pay extra every time I get something shipped.
-
I live in Canada. Do you know where I could buy it with TW pads?
-
Didn't realize. Thanks.
-
I started a post without realizing this post was here. I'll put my post: "I'm thinking of getting the Rawlings TI. I already have the All-Star FM4000. Was thinking of using one for day and one for night games. How is the Rawlings TI? Good vision? Profile? Weight?"
-
I'm thinking of getting the Rawlings TI. I already have the All-Star FM4000. Was thinking of using one for day and one for night games. How is the Rawlings TI? Good vision? Profile? Weight?
-
How much does it weigh? What is the vision like? Low profile? How is it compared to the FM4000?
-
I have the All-star FM4000 with tan Team Wendy pads. Totally worth it. The stock pads are great too. The mask frame has an amazing visibility and is incredibly light.
-
Thanks everybody. I finally broke down and bought them. I have the tan ones they look good. They are comfortable but I find they are stiff. Will they soften up a bit or will they stay like that. Even if they don't, I still think they are really comfortable.
-
My bad, I didn't specify who "he" was. The batter was the one who threw the helmet.
-
Just to be THAT GUY, I have the All-Star system 7 shin pads. They are great. Light and cool. But I know that doesn't help.
-
Tough Decision: Wilson Platinum/Gold or Unequal CP
Moe replied to Texas Manny's topic in Umpire Equipment
I have the WV Gold. I love it. I haven't tried the Unequal, but I looked it up. The reason I got my WV is because of the plastic shell. I was debating the Honigs CP and the WV Gold and my mentor suggested that I get the hard shell one if I plan on doing higher up level games. I would recommend getting the WV Gold and getting it retrofitted with TW. The only reason I'm not getting mine retrofitted is because I live in Canada and it would cost a fortune to ship. -
Again, thank you for the tips. As an umpire, I constantly look at my performance and ask myself how I can do things differently. I replay every situation in my head and analyze what I did. To the point that I can't go to sleep right after my games. I think too much about the game that my girlfriend thinks I'm obsessed. I watch so much baseball and analyze every little detail. The problem is with asking more senior people for help, being in a really small league, I am one of the most senior umpires. I rarely have an opportunity to ask a senior umpire and am always giving tips to younger umpires. I think I will send an email to the person who teaches our courses. Thanks
-
Thanks for the alternative view. All I can say is that I have had problems with this team in the past (I know you're not supposed to have things carry over from one game to another) and I knew at that moment that if I didn't put an end to that, it would keep going. If he left out the swear, I probably would have let him go.
-
Similar to mine minus the visor and black TW's. Do you have pictures? I'm looking for a better way to out the bottom pads in suggestions?
