-
Posts
1,078 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
12
Everything posted by Pete Peterson Sr
-
A buddy of mine worked a 5:29, 17-inning JuCo game on Sunday......
-
In fed interference is always a dead ball. So it's an instant out. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. It is a delayed dead ball. If the runner is retired (on the initial throw), the interference is ignored. If not retired, the penalty is applied.
-
I believe it was Supreme Court Justice Stewart Potter...
-
What I thought I was doing .........
Pete Peterson Sr replied to Thunderheads's topic in Umpire Mechanics
Then how did you miss so many while I was watching ?- 30 replies
-
- 2
-
-
- plate mechanics
- tracking with your eyes
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Second-worst song in recorded music history..... 1st? Anything by Led Zep (I can't STAND them!) let the flaming begin! No way. First all-time WORST song: We Built this City, by Starship.
-
Second-worst song in recorded music history.....
-
Work ??? If you call fabricating things for your umpiring side job "work, well okay...... that. And build BBQ grillls. And trailers. And tractor attachment repairs. everybody brings me their "government" projects to build/repair. Don't hate the player, hate the game! I could use a good BBQ grill. Just sayin'....
-
Saw Billy Squire twice. Once in a small theater and once, believe it or not, as the warm up band for Alice Cooper at the old Palladium in NYC. Saw Ratt warm up for Motley Crue @the Beacon Theater in NYC. You name the metal band from the 80's, and there's a 95% chance I've seen them at least once. Winger ?
-
I actually played in a punk/new wave band in the early 80s.... I KNEW I knew you from somewhere! http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D0_Pq0xYr3L4&sa=U&ei=8KApUbuUK4-vqQHgiICwBg&ved=0CCsQtwIwAA&sig2=XtGJrfe-RUrbmpvyaru4NA&usg=AFQjCNFf2YHL9uAO5eazvjUOee62eDVn4g "I Ran"....great song...
-
Work ??? If you call fabricating things for your umpiring side job "work, well okay......
-
I actually played in a punk/new wave band in the early 80s....
-
Monday, I had a sharp line drive ricochet off of the first base bag, and clock F3 right between the eyes. He went down immediately, but tried to crawl to retrieve the ball. Opposing head coach, coaching third, held his R2 as I killed the play. Kid checked out okay right then ( e.g. answered questions, pupils were fine), but developed some dizziness and a headache in the next inning. Coach substituted for him, and his parents took him to be checked out. Had the OC not held R2, I would have kept him at third, because I was killing the play, due to the head injury.
-
Hurray ! The season begins tomorrow
Pete Peterson Sr replied to Pete Peterson Sr's topic in Free For All
Worked my triple Monday, followed by a varsity double Tuesday. Off Wednesday and Thursday, had a JV double last night, rain prevented the second game. Lost a scheduled varsity DH today, due to last night's rain. Was offered, and accepted, a triple in its place for today, but last night's rain banged it, too. So I am going out to watch Jocko and his partner work a varsity game instead, followed by watching a rookie and a third-year guy work a MS game. This week's game count: 6 games worked, 6 lost to rain. I'm batting .500...... -
We have two methods of payment for our HS association. 1) Pre-paid schools: Many of our schools pay our assc. for the entire season, including one entire school system. We have had trouble getting umpires paid by that system, and we now require their schools to pay upfront. Many other schools pay upfront by choice. Our treasurer pays us every second Sunday for those games. B: Voucher Games: The balance of our schools pay by voucher, generally within two weeks. IF the school drags out payment, our Director usually handles it for the umpire.
-
Fish, the poster must have "misremembered".....
-
Same here. Works well for me, too.
-
I have had to stop three games at Rickwood because of gunfire....
-
Hurray ! The season begins tomorrow
Pete Peterson Sr replied to Pete Peterson Sr's topic in Free For All
Johnny, I really just got lucky. Out of the group of guys rated to work the teams I have, I was the only one who could be there at 1:00. It was either that, or those were the games I wanted. One or the other. The Director/assigner of our group put me in them. I don't assign myself anything, unless he is out for some reason. And in those instances, I normally assign myself lower-level games, to make sure there is no appearance of partiality. -
Hurray ! The season begins tomorrow
Pete Peterson Sr replied to Pete Peterson Sr's topic in Free For All
Jocko, answer Johnny's question for me..... -
I have a varsity triple tomorrow at 1:00 PM. It seems as if this off-season was longer than normal. But whatever, tomorrow is the day !
-
when I'm umpiring, I don't need nunchuks. Could come in handy at some games you'll work, though.....
-
Just a guess, but they must number colors from light to dark, probably starting with the number 1 being pure white like paper. So 14 must be as low to the color white that is allowed in the Pantone color spectrum. I would assume black is the highest number, whatever that is. Obviously black gloves are OK, it is when you start getting lighter than the natural "leather color", whatever that number would be in the Panatone color system, that you start having problems. Just use 901C if you think the color is too much towards white. Believe it or not, black isn't the highest number. The higher numbers are special color mixtures, such as blues, reds, and greens...
-
You beat me to it !
-
Failing to avoid contact, IMHO, is not an ejectable offense. If you truly believed it was "a defensive mechanism", then it wasn't malicious. Malicious contact is more likely going to involve a shoulder, forearm, or head, used as a battering ram. This certainly was a HTBT, but I think you may have ejected a little hastily.
-
The Pantone Color Series is is a color system for printing inks. Pantone is generally considered the world's authority on color.
