Jump to content

Pete Peterson Sr

Established Member
  • Posts

    1,078
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    12

Everything posted by Pete Peterson Sr

  1. That was my point, C.B. !
  2. And I should get to test-drive it on Monday, at Pinson Valley.
  3. The book is wrong! In an immediate dead ball situation, the first word out if your mouth should be TIME (as a wise man said above). In your opinion, it may well be. But let's face facts: this is the manual used in OUR STATE, and all HS umpires are expected to follow its guidelines. When an evaluation is being given, they are looking for umpires to do what the manual says. I our association, we teach what the manual says, and expect our umpires to follow it. It's all about expectations, whether I agree or not. And in this case, I do agree. I expect the men in our association to call "balk", followed by signalling time.
  4. In my state, post-game ejections are not allowed in HS. We have to file a "Post-game incident report" if anything of this nature occurs. One of my crews was accosted by a losing coach in the 1st round of the state playoffs, with said HC telling the crew chief "You need to F'ing retire", and not in a low mumble, either. Reports filed by CC and his 2nd (a former AA umpire, and Harry's instructor). We were told confidentially that the coach was given a suspension, and the school was fined.
  5. Less than one month until the season officially begins....

  6. No matter how hard you try, you can't fix stupid.
  7. Bobby Cox. 'Nuff said....
  8. They should be schooled in approaching an umpire in the proper manner. Let them know that it isn't MLB, and going all "Lou Piniella" will not help their case with the umpires.
  9. Nice job of looking it up in the manual, Grasshopper....
  10. My Platinum retro-fit arrived Thursday. I really like the feel of it. Now, I cannot wait to try it under fire !
  11. Carl, if we buy it from "Carl's Store", do you make more ? If so, that's what I would rather do.
  12. Aight. Please know the correct procedure for the meeting Sunday.
  13. Far be it from me to disagree, but you have it backward. Call "balk", signal time, and award bases. maybe I misread my eval, but I got dinged for not calling time first. I think I still have the email. I'll reread it again. Try the mechanics manual, instead. Hell, maybe I am wrong. It has happened before. tomorrow. Books are in my truck and it's too dang cold out there! WUSS
  14. Far be it from me to disagree, but you have it backward. Call "balk", signal time, and award bases. maybe I misread my eval, but I got dinged for not calling time first. I think I still have the email. I'll reread it again. Try the mechanics manual, instead. Hell, maybe I am wrong. It has happened before.
  15. Far be it from me to disagree, but you have it backward. Call "balk", signal time, and award bases.
  16. I knew that at some point I would get one right. I am just sad that it is this early in the year. Now I have nothing to look forward to! Blind squirrel finds an acorn sooner or later. Or a Blind Umpire! What are the odds that a blind squirrel would find a blind umpire ????
  17. Never for cold, but I did have to stop a game once in Tampa on account of fog. Rolled in from LF, and sat. I couldn't see the fence from foul to center.
  18. OUTSTANDING choice JM ! And here I was, thinking I was the only person in the world who knew that one.
  19. Rolando, If the question wasn't something that's been discussed to the point of "death" ....then maybe I wouldn't have responded like that .....but ..... Jeff I do see your point but I have never seen any discussions about Golds or Platinums on here! Perhaps you should have searched the topic...then you would have !!!
  20. Why not? Because I'm pretty sure they don't use FED rules in Germany !!!
  21. Most likely an Asian outfit, based on the composition of some of the sentences. Also, WTH does "General Purpost" mean ????
  22. Maybe I'm an idiot, but wih two outs, why in the world would F2 be throwing at a stealing runner , when the (normally) smarter, and easier play is at first, to end the inning on a "force" at 1B ?
  23. Big feet.....big socks.
  24. Good call. Never work over your head if you can help it........
×
×
  • Create New...