OHUMP
Members-
Posts
216 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1
Everything posted by OHUMP
-
Looks like a good call to me 3rd base ump was just signaling safe because of the tag wioth no ball in glove.
-
+1 with greyhawk at that point it must be a voluntary release but in origional play posession was shown to be secure for long enough to record the out.
-
http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=23025627&c_id=mlb
-
JM you are correct in softball the batter runner going to first must either advance or hold their ground they cannot retreat but that only applies when going to first.
-
my partner gave safe defensive coach wanted us to talk about it because of the force when we did I could see the light bulb go on and my partner realized he was wrong the only thing we did wrong was I gave the out sign and it made it look like I overruled him even though it was a clear meeting of the minds and we both agreed out.
-
If you see it and properly appealed you must call what you see.
-
I had a similar story in a youth football game I did once. Lightning and thunder a couple of miles away but we can hear and see so fields a cleared and we are waiting while we are in bright sunshine and still resetting watch for every knew sight and sound. Coaches come up and say they agree it is ok to play and we instruct them we will wait because they cannot agree to take our liability away. Sorry about your luck.
-
runners and outs don't matter ball hit to short fielded and throws to first. First baseman catches the ball and clearly has secure posession but is being pulled back to base line with throw. the glove hand then reaches out and runner runs threw the arm and ball falls out. What would you call? I know it is had to be there but assume in the judgement of the umpires he caught it and had full control until the collission with the runner st least a second after the catch. Do you get the out?
-
and you can use the plate brush on the bases to wipe away your tears Jax
-
I have not noticed as much from the kids but this year has set a record for me for coaches with 4. I don;t know if they are getting bolder or with experience I am taking less from them but it has gotten worse.
-
That is a great pic Jeff and something I am sure they will always cherish.
- 7 replies
-
- honor flight
- veterans
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
db coach-I thought it was just baseball
OHUMP replied to dumbdumb's topic in Off-Topic/Funny Stories
Maybe the have have big ole bubba teach him something in jail. -
My condolences and welcome back.
-
http://www.ocregister.com/news/team-358394-first-christian.html Team could not find anyone to coach them so they had to beg the league to let a 14 and 15 year old coach them.
-
the complex mgr who saw and heard it all but coach did not know it said he came to him afterward and he asked coach what happened to see what he would say. Again he told him I don;t know all I asked him was where that pitch was and got thrown out for it. Some just do not get what can and cannot be said on the field.
-
14u rec ball top of first 2 outs 2-2 count on batter pitch comes in borderline high I ball it. Hear some grumbling but I let it go. Batter walks and team goes on to score 3 runs. After half inning coach comes out and asks where pitch was I tell him high. He says no way it was at his knees. I start to warn about arguing balls and strikes and he comes back with you just cost me three runs. Good bye. Funny thing was after he was tossed he said all he did was ask where the pitch was. Typical Rat.
-
Had a 13-14 rec coach tell me that after his runner was called out for a running lane violation after a catchers throw on a bunt went right off the Batters helmet that he had never heard of it. He tried to tell me because his field did not have a running lane marked the rule did not apply. Had to laugh and tell him they can mark it or not but it is there every game.
-
my bad i saw the 6/24 date on the clip but it is 2010
-
Good catch I did not see that the first time.
-
Wonder if he will add a throat guard to that mask now?
-
Here it is http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=9321271&c_id=mlb
-
Great Video thanks for posting Jeff
-
Love the you have got to catch that ball comment.
