OHUMP
Members-
Posts
216 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1
Everything posted by OHUMP
-
Had a mom at one game with her team winning by 10 in the top of the 5th say all we have to do is hold them and game is over. Team gives up a run. I told her between innings never to taunt the baseball gods like that and also never to say this game is going really quick. She got bailed out by her sons team in the bottom of 5th when they scored to end the game.
-
Great story whenever I hear people talking or not paying attention during the national anthem I want to go all Hansen brother from slap shot on them and tell them shut up i am trying to listen to the *U**ing song.
-
R1 should now be awarded 3rd base.
-
Baseball Gods got revenge. 7-7 through 7. Home team loads bases with 0 outsn bottom 9. @ conseceutive R3's get thrown out at home on passed balls. Visitors score 10 in the 10th. 3:42 minutes to finish this one.
-
Best Umpire (or Male Porn Star) Name Ever
OHUMP replied to Majordave's topic in Off-Topic/Funny Stories
There is a Urologist here by the name of Richard Tapper and he does go by Dick. -
Nice job Jeff here they are. http://m.mlb.com/video/v33038799 http://m.mlb.com/video/v30464763 http://m.mlb.com/video/v29215893
-
What MLB players last 3 ejections from a game have all be in the middle of his at bat?
-
JV baseball two area rivals 3-0 1:26 minute game. It is so nice when pitchers throw strikes and fielders make plays. I am probably jinxing myself for my next game.
-
Best Umpire (or Male Porn Star) Name Ever
OHUMP replied to Majordave's topic in Off-Topic/Funny Stories
We have an urologist in our are named Dick Tapper no joke. -
That was what I called but someone tried to say as long as both were doing what they were supposed to be doing going to first they were fine. I knew that to be the case with tangle untangle but did not think it right here. Thanks for the clarification glad I got the call right.
-
Pitcher was definitely the one with the best shot.
-
No outs nobody on OBR. Batter hits a foul ball by first base dugout and pitcher is charging after the ball has to stop for the batter runner and then just misses the catch. Do you have interfence on this?
-
I am in Ohio and when my partner shows up with his navy OHSAA shirt I still wear my navy but without my logo to me this still fits as matching your partner same shirt just one has logo one does not.
-
Lets say in the batting order batter 4 bats when batter 3 should be up then batter 3 bats. Both reach on walks. After 1 pitch to batter 5 coach tries to appeal batting out of order. This is not allowed because 1 pitch was thrown. Since batter 4 would be up now but is occupying 2nd base we just have batter number 5 come to plate correct?
-
Isn't this how everyone watches a baseball game?
-
Thank you this was an awesome post.
-
Looks like Davidson is explaining the new interpretation to Francona in the Cleveland San Diego game yesterday. http://m.mlb.com/video/?content_id=31940799&topic_id=vtp_review&query=indians challenge
-
For all new umpires starting the first year some good advice I was once given. When a coach comes out to discuss a call that did not go his way always us in my judgement instead of well I saw it like this or this is what I saw. That way it takes away the chance for coach to come back with ejectable phrases like of course you saw it that way you were out of position or other comments like that. Make it your judgement not what you saw when talking to a coach.
-
Same guy said might have gotten him and great call by Joyce it is Rick Manning.
-
13-14 rec ball home coaches weren't happy early on they set the field up brought tape out reset the mound but forgot to check the bases visitors score 2 and then they realize the bases are too short. They want us to finish the inning and then reset them. My plate umpire told them no when you find a mistake like this correct it and play on besides they were the ones that set the field. move on to the bottom of 4th R1 & R2 1 out. Batter bunts one to third and will beat throw but when picked up by pitcher PU calls foul. Home 3B coach acts stunned and walks up pointing to the spot he thinks it was and says fair partner gave a stern warning. Then I hear 1st base coach who is head coach say we can ask it probably was fair. I told him enough I did not want to hear it again. He tried saying he was talking to opposing coach not us. I instructed him it did not matter who he was talking to saying it so I could hear it in my position and it was questioning our integrity. Them 3B coach says this is Bullsh##. Boom theres one. Now HC comes unglued and partners tries to calm him down but then he rants on don;t remember what but finishes with throw me out too. Boom partner does. In Ohio this year there is a rule you must have concussion training to umpire and coach. No one left certified game over early night. Why do they demand running through the stop sign. This HC is the same one that question a ball call after an inning was over last year where pitch was I told him then he said it was at the knees and I cost him three runs. I instructed him we would not be arguing balls and strikes and that was enough he finishes with I can ask where a pitch is and you cost me three runs Boom again he never learns.
-
HS summer ball mainly coached by dads. R2 & R3 1 out I am the PU. Fly ball to right field and the catch is made both runners tag R3 scores R2 to 3rd. Coach comes out and appeals that the RUNNER left early. I had to ask him which runner and he said R2 partner signaled safe we move on. Funny thing was the R3 left so early it wasn't even funny and they didn't even appeal that. Why is it when you 100% have something that will cause an out on appeal there is never an appeal? I had a game one time there were 4 different appeals for missed bases or leaving early and then the one time they did miss a base nothing.
-
Actually 6 ejections.
-
This would be Dead Ball Strike out.
-
+1 but it also depends how often they are asking they can be as respectful as they want but if they ask on every close pitch I am not having that all day.
-
Sliding past the bag, in Fed, is not illegal. Sliding past the bag "and then" making contact or altering the play is illegal. In other words, the fielder must still be in a protected position (which does not include in front of, or on top of, the bag) to invoke FPSR for sliding past the bag. As you said, it's one of the most misunderstood rules in Fed. +1 with Grayhawk
