OHUMP
Members-
Posts
216 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1
Everything posted by OHUMP
-
Ball hit to Right field. First baseman stands at back inside of bag and B/R has to alter his path to get around him I call obstruction then he gets in a run down between 1st and second. B/R gets tagged out I call time because they play by Fed rules and award 2b. Coach comes out and his only argument is I can't make that call in 11U baseball. Then he threw in there was no contact and it was no intentional. I explained that intent and contact are not necessary in the play. To me seeing the play live it was textbook obstruction. To be clear the altered path happened after he had touched first because of where the fielder was standing.
-
I need to clarify I only found out the coach told him after. R1 and R3 I was in B he said it and it was a windy day so I never heard it then kid put up hand. It was only later that my partner said he heard the coach tell him to call time. I would have granted the coach if I would have heard it. Surprisingly the coach didn't say a word.
-
Where I see this most is when the player goes back head first and the player just stands there holding the glove on them. Sometimes it is quicker to call time and get them up then to not grant it and wait for base runner to walk it up or fielder to stop holding the tag. It must be requested by the player though. One time I had a coach tell his kid to request time when the kid was holding the tag. The only problem was the kid raised the only hand that was on the bag. Sorry out son.
-
I had the same thing in a 1-0 game Sunday. One play kid thought he hit a game tying single to RF but kid came up firing and just got him in a banger at first. Head coachh got loud and I thought he disagreed with the call but he was yelling at his kid for not busting it right out of the box. Love those games that the players do what they are supposed to do.
-
Don't be a stranger Semper and good luck wish you the best.
-
too many but we shut it down quick
-
R2 & R3 2 outs. R3 comes down the line a little too far and catcher comes up to fire to 3rd. Batter did not swing at pitch and did not move in any way. Catchers throw hits batters helmet and goes out of play. R2 & R3 both score. You see new things in youth baseball all the time.
-
Home team batting R1 1 out I am on the bases. Runner stealing on the pitch and ground ball hit to shortstop side of 2B. Shortstop fields and we have a race to 2nd. R1 just beats SS to bag then short stop throws to 1st. Overthrow into dugout. I award R1 home and batter runner 2nd. Home coach wants B/R on 3rd since R1 was awarded home and Visitors/Defensive coach wants R1 on 3rd B/R on 2nd. I explained to both that since R1 achieved 2nd before throw it was 2 bases time of throw. He gets home. B/R had not reached 1st yet so 2 bases he gets second. Neither agreed but that is life.
-
This was a 2 man game umpire was C.
-
it was travel not sure of age but I believe they are using fed
-
I was watching a game R3 1 out batter hits a screamer down 3rd base line and it hits runner. PU yells foul. I was not in a spot to see if it was or not. Defensive coach comes out and says it hit runner in fair territory. Gets together with his partner and they rule R3 out runner gets first. I always thought no matter how bad it is ball is foul once ruled and you eat it if it is a mistake.
-
Not baseball but had this happen in a football game when we corrected something the team was doing wrong. Coach said first crew all year that said something. Little did he know was that the crew from the week before warned us about it with him. He kind of walked away quickly when I told him that.
-
I am going week 7 this year.
-
http://m.mlb.com/video/v35102561/?query=david+murphy
-
Speaking from experience how many of us have had a check swing we called a swing and then thought oh S@#t that was close I should have gotten help. This has happened to me before but I called offer/strike and ate it.
-
Typically I will always ask my partner what they prefer unless I know I am with a weaker partner then I will tell them I have the plate. Usually I find being behind the plate keeps me more in the game.
-
13-14 rec travel game. Catcher come out to take warm-up pitches and has a skull cap helmet and mask and I instruct him he needs to wear a helmet with ear protection as they play by fed rules. Coach looks at me and says we have played all year and no one has said anything about that. I told him yes and he is wrong about not being told as I had his first two games this year and made him change those times too. I always love the no one has said anything all year argument.
-
I think i have a dead horse to beat!!!!
-
Had a similar situation with a kid doing a pop up slide one time. Luckily the throw was just by him when he popped up. Tried to explain what could of happened to the coach and just got the deer in headlights look and he said he was ok because he slid. Tried to tell him the slide was fine but the pop up slide could cause interference.
-
@maven I understand that but he was arguing from the beginning he was never asking he was always animated and arguing.
-
Had the same thing in a game I did but pitcher had to give way for the batter/runner and coaches kept saying it was the wrong call. Not if they choose to read the rule book it isn't.
-
http://m.mlb.com/video/v33658745/?c_id=mlb No Brainer
-
http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/63817564/v33632041
-
Haller powers activate!! BOOM your gone!!
-
I love it when a rotation comes together. Wish other people could come to appreciate it as much as we do.
