BrianC14
Established Member-
Posts
2,977 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
22
Everything posted by BrianC14
-
Suddenly I'm picturing Leslie Nielsen using a Dustbuster....
-
http://highschoolsports.blog.ajc.com/2017/05/22/johns-creek-baseball-wins-final-appeal-will-play-lee-county-in-game-3-on-wednesday/ They're pushing the entire playoff bracket back two days for this decision. smh And in another article (prior to the decision) it was reported that both U2 and U3 had agreed during the on-field discussion that R2 had not touched third base. Follow the rules? Why bother, right GHSA ? What other rules will GHSA decide to ignore?
-
OK, thanks to you guys that provided some information / experiences with the Diamond mask. @MadMax - invaluable overview of the BL and iX3. @BobUmp, @Scotty_Ump @Richvee, @Thunderheadsand all others that chimed in, thanks so much. I have just placed an order for the iX3 mask and TW pads from Ump-attire.com . I will follow up once I have received and tried it out. @Umpire in Chief, your site is clearly the best; glad to be back; this sort of referral and input of experience alone makes the site so very worthwhile. Thanks!
-
WTB - "Pro Style" Carolina Blue shirt, Size L
BrianC14 replied to BrianC14's topic in Buy, Sell or Trade
@Thunderheads please lock. I have procured the shirt via ump-attire.com. Thanks again @JSam21.- 16 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- shirt
- carolina blue
-
(and 4 more)
Tagged with:
-
WTB - "Pro Style" Carolina Blue shirt, Size L
BrianC14 replied to BrianC14's topic in Buy, Sell or Trade
Oh man..... I always look at U-A first... and seeing only the black shirt in the photo I figured they only had black shirts remaining. Thanks for the heads up; placing an order now. Thanks @JSam21 !- 16 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- shirt
- carolina blue
-
(and 4 more)
Tagged with:
-
WTB - "Pro Style" Carolina Blue shirt, Size L
BrianC14 replied to BrianC14's topic in Buy, Sell or Trade
Thanks, @catsbackr appreciate it. Recalling that Honig's is still an option (and they're local for me).... until I checked their website.... and they have only black in S/S Large. D'oh ! Looks like I'll have to opt for the TOC shirt and call it good. The differences aren't all that noticeable; the bigger issue will be the actual color of the shirt. Different manufacturers will be slightly different shades. Oh well. Thanks for the help, much appreciated.- 16 replies
-
- shirt
- carolina blue
-
(and 4 more)
Tagged with:
-
WTB - "Pro Style" Carolina Blue shirt, Size L
BrianC14 replied to BrianC14's topic in Buy, Sell or Trade
- 16 replies
-
- shirt
- carolina blue
-
(and 4 more)
Tagged with:
-
That's because the thought he'd get by with a little help.... Either that or no one would lend him their ears.
-
WTB - "Pro Style" Carolina Blue shirt, Size L
BrianC14 replied to BrianC14's topic in Buy, Sell or Trade
Thanks, very helpful info there. Keep shaking my head at the changes that keep getting made about every two years, and of course, our association is over-the-top crazy about chasing "what the pros wear". It does no good to tell them that the 'Big Boys' get boxes of the new stuff for free, and that my closet is overflowing with shirts that "no one wears anymore".... (from just TWO years ago, when we were 'required' to have them??) The issue I have with needing new "old" shirts is that this is for summer ball only. Can't wait to see what the Sup wants to introduce for fall ball. Thanks @MadMax and @catsbackr for the assist.- 16 replies
-
- shirt
- carolina blue
-
(and 4 more)
Tagged with:
-
WTB - "Pro Style" Carolina Blue shirt, Size L
BrianC14 replied to BrianC14's topic in Buy, Sell or Trade
Nothing I like better than being lectured by someone who's so condescendingly clueless. Bye bye.- 16 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- shirt
- carolina blue
-
(and 4 more)
Tagged with:
-
WTB - "Pro Style" Carolina Blue shirt, Size L
BrianC14 replied to BrianC14's topic in Buy, Sell or Trade
Gosh thanks. Next time I'll just say that I would rather not pay $40 for a shirt of unknown quality. Guess that MBA I got was money down the drain.- 16 replies
-
- shirt
- carolina blue
-
(and 4 more)
Tagged with:
-
Edited my post for clarity / correction.
-
Can you buy them for me?
-
See the post above by @maven
-
Want to buy: Pro Style Carolina blue shirt (see pic) Short sleeve Size L Would prefer Majestic brand, but will consider others (Smitty). Cannot believe that I can't find these anywhere, though I have seen a couple of "sketchy" online providers, they don't tell you the brand name, and then want 50% of the shirt cost as shipping cost. Thanks!
- 16 replies
-
- shirt
- carolina blue
-
(and 4 more)
Tagged with:
-
http://oletimewoodsman.com My Dad never went fishing without it. That stuff would knock a buzzard off a meat wagon.
-
OFF = Ordinary Fly Food
-
Good old Woodsman's Fly Dope. Ah, the memories. ...
-
Computers can also play the game. What positives are there in having a computer-generated game played out by writers of software?
-
@Umpire in Chief..... time to add a new category to U-E. ^^^^^ "Single Umpires Meet Up" or some such...
-
No worries, @BT_Blue. Although I was taking a close look at that Del Crandall mask that was on ebay... Hey, I'd be the only guy in my association with a triple-bar mask.... think of the cool factor there, huh? Pads might need a bit of neatsfoot oil, but I could get it going. Just have to work on the seller ... that $700 asking price.... I don't know....
-
Not everyone's a gear head. My stuff works just fine, from HS to D1, thanks.
