-
Posts
1,686 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
22
Everything posted by semper_fi_72
-
Was 108 today at 1 PM during Adult Major Wood Bat. I feel like a roasted turkey after this past weekend.
-
How would it work in place of a plate brush on damp days? :yippie:
-
I know we have officially entered fall and I worked my first HS Fall Ball game yesterday. Only problem was someone forgot to tell Mother Nature it was Fall. Temperature reached 105 degrees during the game!!!!!!!! I kept the concession stand busy supplying me a bottle of water every inning. Every piece of equipment was soaked after the game.
-
Ordered my 3N2 Base Shoes Monday Morning. Shipped Wed by UPS and delivered on Thursday. Wish FedEx was as good. Had to order a new BlackBerry Sunday night. It shipped and was in distribution center 20 miles away at 9 am monday. They didn't deliver till 2pm Wednesday. Took them 2.5 days to move a package 20 miles. UPS moved the package approx 90 miles in less than 24 hours.
-
Many years ago Golfers were the target of these wrist bands. They only have one effect take money out of your wallet. Any other effect is all in your mind.
-
Had that email also when I checked. Ordered another pair of 3N2 Base Shoe for $13.74 ($25.03 with shipping)
-
I thought that was you on MSNBC To Catch a Predator :rollinglaugh:
-
It is great that they are actually sending you or anyone out to help the new guys. I just wonder if it wouldn't be more effective to pair them up with experience mentors to actually work games with them? Then it is not necessary for someone from the outside to correct a error on the field. I also think it would be a better training and educational experience for the new guys.
-
Played the Hot Corner. I did play some Goalie in Hockey, with the old solid face mask....lol.
-
Were their names: Laurel and Hardey or Bevis and Butthead :o
-
I do not disagree with you either. But the OP was 12U Babe Ruth. We also have H.S. Fall Ball starting next Saturday. Yes those coaches know what they are doing.
-
Jax You should always cover that at your plate meeting. Let them know to call time, make sure time is granted and that they are they the only ones you want to come out and talk to. Keep the other coaches out of it.
-
Jax Glad your back on the field. I only have one question about the Coach arguing. If your fall ball is like ours, it is usually instructional and suppose to be non-competitive. It should also be a time for us to educated coaches when possible. Perhaps instead of telling him to just turn around because it was very obvious, (perhaps not that obvious to him), you could have tried another approach. Coach, we are not going to argue the call but I would be happy to explain the situation and rule for my call. Educate them every chance you get and it may help prevent problems come next spring.
-
The Assignor should be sending the other 93 out for those games. Not his good guys. An Assignor out here wouldn't even get involved in handling Machine Pitch games.
-
Money is money, but I wouldn't take any of the games regardless. That is not umpiring. It is baby sitting and laziness of coaches. As far as the volunteers go. Train them to be umpires not just sticking them on the field. 3 so called umpires for a machine pitch game I don't think the plays will be that close. That is 2 more than a High School Freshman or JV team get for a regular season game.
-
When the catcher blocks you out - what are your options?
semper_fi_72 replied to NaiCam's topic in Umpire Mechanics
Up and Back. Never move into the kill zone. -
Pete It looks like that clinic is only for members of the Los Angeles High School Unit.
-
I think one thing is being missed here. A Embroidered Patch of the Flag is not a Flag. If it was a Flag, you would never wash the shirt it was on and you would be properly disposing of it, through burning, when it was no longer serviceable. Flag Etiquette only applies to a "Flag" that is designed to be flown from a mast, pole or staff . Patches, Decals, Banners, etc are not flags. If they were, I guess I would have to classify my tattoo of a U.S. Flag and American Bald Eagle as a "Flag" and would eventually need to be burned to dispose of properly. The main reason Military personnel wear Flag Patches is to identify which country they are from. This was necessary due to Multi-National Forces conducting combat operations together. Prior to Desert Shield/Storm we did not wear them on our BDUs. Several Associations I work for do not require any flag patches but they also do not discourage anyone from displaying their Patriotism as long as it is positioned and worn properly. I would also say the wearing of such a patch, is one of those rights that is certainly covered in several Amendments to the Constitution of the United Sates of America. God Bless America - Never Surrender Pray for the victims and families of 9/11 - Never Forget Support our Troops
-
I disagree. Umpire uniforms are not athletic uniforms. They are uniforms that indicate a position of authority such as fire and police and therefore wearing a flag to show patriotism is appropriate.
-
Wrong!!!!!!! It is worn as if your always facing into the wind. That stands for any flag. The star field always goes to the front when placing it on a sleeve. If placed on the back of your shirt, the star field is placed to the left.
-
http://www.usflag.org/flagetiquette.html Not as long as they are displayed properly.
-
Then as recommended US Flag on top (Proper Flag Etiquette) then a space (1/2 to 1 inch, see what looks the best) and then Canadian Flag below. As mentioned, please ensure you use the appropriate flags depending on them going on right or left sleeve.
-
If they do not call for the Canadian Flag then you do not put it on the uniform. If the U.S. Flag us required by Association/League then that is what is put on. If it is not a requirement do not put it on. I am Retired Marine Corps, but I do not add a Marine Corps Flag to my uniforms to show it. Tattoo on right forearm does that anyway :shrug:
-
He made a highlight reel....lol
-
It does not have to be intentional. HTBT OBR 7.09(h) and 9.01(a) :nod:
