Jump to content

semper_fi_72

Inactive
  • Posts

    1,686
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    22

Everything posted by semper_fi_72

  1. One other item that comes to mind about Umpiring and Integrity. I don't believe a Umpire should only have Integrity on the field but also needs to have it off the field. Doing something that is Illegal cuts into the Integrity of not only that Umpire but all Umpires. Last May we had a umpire in one of my associations arrested for possession. Needless to say he can not find a game to work and is no longer a member of the association. Perhaps you should try to get a refund and not attend JEA.
  2. Another thought to keep in mind, you just admitted your use to the world on the World Wide Web which can come up in search engines.
  3. Has anyone worked games there? What was your experience? I have a local team going there next season and am considering accompanying them. Any feedback/info would be appreciated. From their web site it appears to be identical to CDP. Team Rep says the facility is a little nicer and that barracks have Air Conditioning. Thanks in advance for your info.
  4. I found this post on "Warnings on balks" interesting and have nominated it accordingly for "Post Of The Month November, 2010"
  5. None. Might leave a little residue but it is a water soluble glue. Take the patch off right after the game and it has always washed off for me.
  6. Great job Ump29 Hope I am still going at 64 :P
  7. To old??????? Ok lets do a age check around here and see who is old. I am 55 and will be 56 in the spring. I an not getting old, I am gettin better.
  8. Our HS Association requires it. That is why I use Aleene's Tack-It Over & Over glue on them. I do not attach any patch to shirts or jackets permanently.
  9. Sure that wasn't just milk and cookie break time. :P
  10. You just did avoid getting hit by that ball. Watch that waist line doesn't get any bigger in the off-season. IMHO Your making excellent progress. :blah
  11. I don't believe you can or should be able to determine that point. IMHO each confrontation with a Manager/Coach/Player is different. Keep it impersonal and you will get to say a little more. Make it a personal attack and you get shut down and sent packing real quick. I don't look for EJs. I don't EJ. They EJ themselves :D
  12. Welcome Steve. See you at our pre-game meeting tonight. Steve has put in a lot of hard work this, now, past Fall Ball season. I have assisted him with his Jr Umpire program. Two of the hardest working Jr Umps in the program are his sons. I wold work a Jr Game with Camron, and a Major game with Carter anytime. The others have also made great improvement this season. We will get them back out there after the holidays and conduct more clinics before the 2011 season starts. Keep up the hard work Steve. :hi5:
  13. The trials and tribulations of assigning. I hate those that call and text saying "Hey I need some games" and when you call them they can not work the games you offer. Thank you for your assistance and you are now on the bottom of the list. :violin:
  14. USSSA - No metal in 12U Play. I have not seen any 12U using metal. Check with your league. Then one important question for plate meeting. "Are your players legally and properly equipped". Mangers/Coaches better say Yes or we are not playing until they do.
  15. #275 was Today. As of today only one scheduled for Tuesday evening. Thursday it is off to a weekend 2 Man Clinic. Next possible games are Thanksgiving weekend for a 3 day tournament. Otherwise it is time to relax a little and master Call of Duty Black Ops
  16. Same size as all my other shoes. Love em ;)
  17. Thank You Brother I celebrated by working a LL Jr Fall Ball game on the dish. Partner and I wore our new Pink Shirts. Several people and moms asked us if we were wearing them to support the cure for breast cancer and were thanked. The Few, The Proud, The Marines
  18. Didn't people write the rules or were they handed down from upon high. You contradict yourself. If your job is to call the game by the rules, and that League says you warn, you call it by their rules or don't work their games if you feel so strongly. I don't think anyone said they want to warn on balks. They are merely complying with the rules of that particular league. Since your recommending DVDs, Try Jim Evans Training Systems Pitching Regulations and Balks
  19. Jax I did a lot of checking recently on HSM. I got a AllStar MVP-2500 System 7. I highly recommend it. All pads are completely replaceable and it is very comfortable. I have now take one shot to it. Didn't feel a thing but since it was the first in a HSM the noise inside surprised me...lol. Great vision thru the mask also.
  20. Forget the players. The umpire should be fired for the way he handled himself. I don't care what level of ball it is, a Umpire never uses profanity. He must stay under control at all times. He was totally unprofessional. If that is the way he conducts himself on the field he should save his money and not go to school as he will never make it as a umpire. If I was the PU and he was dropping all those F Bombs I would have gone out and run him also and finished the game solo. He would never step on a field with me again.
  21. S.O.S. was a home business. His office was in his Garden Apartment and his stock was in two single car garages. It isn't like Honig's is no longer available, you can still order online, which most probably do anyway. There are places that will order Shirts and equipment here in the I.E. The only problem is that you can usually get it for less and faster being shipped by USPS or UPS from Ump-Attire, GD or Honig's. I will call them the Big 3 and think anyone would have trouble competing with them. Especially in this economy.
  22. I have finally ordered mine today. I have also convinced two others to place their orders. Great cause.
  23. I found this post on "Warnings on balks" interesting and have nominated it accordingly for "Post Of The Month November, 2010"
  24. The perspective of what we, as umpires are trying to accomplish, is to call the game under the set of rules that are given to us. We are there to solely OFFICIATE the game under those rules. Your not there to coach, teach or modify the rules as you see fit because of your preferences. :)
×
×
  • Create New...