Douglas Force 3

JohnMcSherry
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2739 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

On 10/22/2016 at 0:54 AM, BT_Blue said:

Why the Douglas emblem?

Joint venture with Douglas so as to expand Force3's sales channels. Novice umpires seek "packages", and those unwilling to consider the UnEqual CP and/or Ultimate Shinguards (or, told by a "more senior umpire" colleague to stick with a "true" hardshell CP) will consider the Douglas CP and associate the Douglas pads on the Defender mask as part of the package. Douglas does not make its own mask design otherwise.

The same route was travelled by Gerry Davis by throwing Davis-labelled pads on a Diamond iX3 mask, and by Schutt throwing Schutt-labelled pads on a Champro mask.

27 minutes ago, Mister B said:

I thought the v1 only had 3 spring mounts, this looks like it has 4. 

Nope, the V1 had/has 4 spring mounts, arranged in that cardinal-direction layout. The V2 achieves its less-weight-ness by dropping one of the mounts entirely and repositioning the upper two to approximately the 10-&-2 positions. That mask on eBay is the Defender V1.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, MadMax said:

Nope, the V1 had/has 4 spring mounts, arranged in that cardinal-direction layout. The V2 achieves its less-weight-ness by dropping one of the mounts entirely and repositioning the upper two to approximately the 10-&-2 positions. That mask on eBay is the Defender V1.

So I had it backwards. v1 has 4 and v2 has 3. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MadMax said:

Joint venture with Douglas so as to expand Force3's sales channels. Novice umpires seek "packages", and those unwilling to consider the UnEqual CP and/or Ultimate Shinguards (or, told by a "more senior umpire" colleague to stick with a "true" hardshell CP) will consider the Douglas CP and associate the Douglas pads on the Defender mask as part of the package. Douglas does not make its own mask design otherwise.

I wonder if there might be a slight discount for a package like this? Though I would much prefer to have the pads say F3. But this is just me being silly old me.

5 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

I wonder if there might be a slight discount for a package like this? Though I would much prefer to have the pads say F3. But this is just me being silly old me.

You can have it. Just purchase an additional set of V1 pads from Force3 directly.

• Like 1