DOUGLAS GETS BACK IN THE GAME! NEW CHEST PROTECTORS AND SHINS

DOUGLAS
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3741 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

For an extra $20 Jeff said you can add the shoulder gap protection.

I'm trying to deside between the Wilson Gold and the Douglas Cest with the extra gap plate. What do y'all think. I'm leaning tord the Douglas made in the US and right next door in Texas!!!

When I ordered mine today I asked Jeff to add the Pads.

I'm trying to deside between the Wilson Gold and the Douglas Cest with the extra gap plate. What do y'all think. I'm leaning tord the Douglas made in the US and right next door in Texas!!!

I'm Scared to order it because my wife my kill me and I would never get to use it. But it's the second to the last thing I want but it is exspencive.... Hmm I'm going to thing about it over night...

The All Star is a sweet rig but it just sits up too high for me. It almost looks like you have no neck.

I would trust my Douglas at any velocity. I have worn the Platinum and Gold, and while they are great protectors, they are definitely made for bigger people. I couldn't get either one of them to stay up high enough, and both made me look like Clay Matthews.

The only thing I would use over my Douglas is a Riddell Power (If I could ever get the chance to use one).

I'm Scared to order it because my wife my kill me and I would never get to use it. But it's the second to the last thing I want but it is exspencive.... Hmm I'm going to thing about it over night...

It's easy Cajun, ...

Tell her "fine, that's ok .... I'll take a baseball to the heart with inadequate protection to save a couple bucks, ...don't worry , I'll be fine" THAT might do it!

Cajun:

With the texas heat, I would go with the all star, never tried it but I know my gold in the florida heat is killer.

I don't like the way the All Star looks. I have a Champro Pro-Plus CP and it is Hot at hell!!! The foam padding soaks up the sweat and ends up weighing a lot. With Dixie and Little leagues starting up next week its going to be HOT and time to get beat up because the catchers can't catch.

Cajun:

With the texas heat, I would go with the all star, never tried it but I know my gold in the florida heat is killer.

I don't like the way the All Star looks. I have a Champro Pro-Plus CP and it is Hot at hell!!! The foam padding soaks up the sweat and ends up weighing a lot. With Dixie and Little leagues starting up next week its going to be HOT and time to get beat up because the catchers can't catch.

What don't you like about it?

Cajun:

I don't like the way the All Star looks. I have a Champro Pro-Plus <acronym title='Chest protector'>CP </acronym>and it is Hot at hell!!! The foam padding soaks up the sweat and ends up weighing a lot. With Dixie and Little leagues starting up next week its going to be HOT and time to get beat up because the catchers can't catch.

The foam padding, it's thick and bulky, I took a shot to the shoulder coller bone area an it really hurt. I sweat a lot and after about 3 games even with using Lysal it is still stinking. It is not going to last and I'm ready to upgrade.

Cajun:

I don't like the way the All Star looks. I have a Champro Pro-Plus <acronym title='Chest protector'>CP </acronym>and it is Hot at hell!!! The foam padding soaks up the sweat and ends up weighing a lot. With Dixie and Little leagues starting up next week its going to be HOT and time to get beat up because the catchers can't catch.

The foam padding, it's thick and bulky, I took a shot to the shoulder coller bone area an it really hurt. I sweat a lot and after about 3 games even with using Lysal it is still stinking. It is not going to last and I'm ready to upgrade.

??? What All-Star CP are you talking about?

The funny thing is that besides the added cap on the leg guards Douglas changed NOTHING on their equipment. I think the slight gap near the shoulders is not a be deal. With the exception of the All Star, there has not been a significant change in CP design in nearly 20 years. We will see what Wilson comes up with in 2013.

You would use it at any speed until you get drilled at 90-plus in the gap between the shoulder and clavicle plates. Then, you wouldn't.

I'll take my chances. It fits me well and protects fine.

The funny thing is that besides the added cap on the leg guards Douglas changed NOTHING on their equipment. I think the slight gap near the shoulders is not a be deal. With the exception of the All Star, there has not been a significant change in <acronym title='Chest protector'>CP </acronym>design in nearly 20 years. We will see what Wilson comes up with in 2013.

For $20 you can get that gap covered and then you your be investable!!!

The real funny thing is we all spend all this money on wear to protect ourselves and is it just be or does the ball always find the least protected spot. Maybe those are just the once I remember. LOL :-)

You would use it at any speed until you get drilled at 90-plus in the gap between the shoulder and clavicle plates. Then, you wouldn't.

I'll take my chances. It fits me well and protects fine.

I guess you don't digest useful information very readily. As with any intractable person, I wish you all the luck in the world, because you need more luck than a pliant, reasonable person.

Are you planning to offer a retrofitted model with the shoulder gap covered up?

Also, where in Houston are you?

that gap is the least of your concern.. i have a douglas..and if a ball hits that gap, it is not big enough to do anything..a ball is al most 4in in diameter?.. so if the gap is less than a inch...I have a douglas, and you could pay me to get rid of it.. heck i might buy another one..

I'm with KF. It's a shame that they did not address the shoulder protection issue. I wouldn't wear one if it was free just because of that.

I wore on last night and every night i work the dish, and I see in DI some 90's... I have been hit, but like i just said in the last post, that gap is too small to worry about.

I'm with KF. It's a shame that they did not address the shoulder protection issue. I wouldn't wear one if it was free just because of that.

I wore on last night and every night i work the dish, and I see in DI some 90's... I have been hit, but like i just said in the last post, that gap is too small to worry about.

That's great for you. I haven't been hit either, and I had Jeff Cook tighten my gaps. But, KF received quite the stinger in that area. That said, facts are facts and it "can" happen ... Will it happen to you, or me, or anyone else? Maybe not, but it certainly can ....Let's use a Mythbusters term ..."plausible" ;)

• Like 1