Team Wendy mask pads

tpatience

1 hour ago, ousafe said:

Been very happy with my all-star mag pads. The split velcro at the chin is a little odd on my Nike Ti, but it sure works. I also do a lot of cold weather games and TW has often been very stiff as a result. That's why I made the move away. Still have them on my backup "Dynaluminum."

I too use the All Star MAG pads. But that switch really came about once I moved to the MAG mask. However, going forward (and when ever I next step on the ball field), I will do so with the magnesium pads on any mask I use.

8 minutes ago, Umpiresrock74 said:

Does anyone know where I can buy the pads that Quinn wolcott has on his mask?

Those are All Star Magnesium pads. For the FM4000MAG mask. But as others have said. They will fit any mask on the market except a Force3.

Yoi can find them at any umpire equipment site as well as straight from All Star.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BT_Blue said:

I too use the All Star MAG pads. But that switch really came about once I moved to the MAG mask. However, going forward (and when ever I next step on the ball field), I will do so with the magnesium pads on any mask I use.

Those are All Star Magnesium pads. For the FM4000MAG mask. But as others have said. They will fit any mask on the market except a Force3.

Yoi can find them at any umpire equipment site as well as straight from All Star.

Does anyone have a link? All I can find is the mask pads and frame? And this is with the black on them as well?

36 minutes ago, Umpiresrock74 said:

Does anyone know where I can buy the pads that Quinn wolcott has on his mask?

https://all-starsports.com/collections/helmet-parts/products/fm4000-magnesium-replacement-pads?variant=40790346629177

And now they're $74.99 a set!!!!!!  When will the price increases stop?  That's almost two sets of TW pads at that price!

1 hour ago, wolfe_man said:

https://all-starsports.com/collections/helmet-parts/products/fm4000-magnesium-replacement-pads?variant=40790346629177

And now they're $74.99 a set!!!!!!  When will the price increases stop?  That's almost two sets of TW pads at that price!

Maybe we should just buy the mask with the pads to “ get our moneys worth”😏said MLB announcers!

1 hour ago, Umpiresrock74 said:

I mean black and grey combined. Two tone. Grey/black.

My link is to All Stars website. They are the creator and manufacturer of the pads. They have all they sell on the link. I do believe that the graphite pads have black against your face and hat (on the underside).

1 hour ago, Umpiresrock74 said:

I mean black and grey combined. Two tone. Grey/black.

5 minutes ago, wolfe_man said:

My link is to All Stars website. They are the creator and manufacturer of the pads. They have all they sell on the link. I do believe that the graphite pads have black against your face and hat (on the underside).

Yes the graphite, or grey if you prefer, have black cloth against your face.

$75 a pop is BONKERS! I'm glad I traded/bought mine two years ago before I took a break!

5 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

Arik,

He's talking about this - the grey with black inside are not on here anymore. The grey have grey inside & out.

image.thumb.png.de33a501fa22f3fa80c2ad72930b565c.png

2 hours ago, wolfe_man said:

Arik,

He's talking about this - the grey with black inside are not on here anymore. The grey have grey inside & out.

image.thumb.png.de33a501fa22f3fa80c2ad72930b565c.png

Interesting, because this was directly from the All Star site. Wonder if maybe a difference between desktop and mobile or something?

That being said. I don't think you can even see the black while wearing it.

Screenshot_20231206_061647_Samsung Internet.jpg

I feel like the problem with team Wendy pads is that they are too stiff! I got hit with like a 70-80 pitch in the upper jaw wth team Wendy pads and got a concussion. Softball game. Lol. I just wonder if they absorb some shock, but then the rest goes the mask. Like with Wilson pads I think the memory foam ones absorb more of the shock.

sorry mad max.

Thoughts?

Mike

2 minutes ago, Umpiresrock74 said:

Lol. I know they do still sell them with the mask. But ump attire doesn’t sell it, but purchase Offcials does. Anyone have a all star? Anybody like it? 

The mask is wicked light and the pads feel great on your face.  It takes a little adjustment to use the mask, but once adjusted it's a great mask.  It looks great, feels great and protects well - especially if you pair it with a skull cap.  Without the skull cap, I'd recommend using a TW pad on top or accept a greater risk of getting a concussion as the top pad is too thin and will crush to the bars on a hard impact.   It's one of my two favorite masks out there today, with the other being the Nike Ti.

8 minutes ago, Umpiresrock74 said:

I feel like the problem with team Wendy pads is that they are too stiff! I got hit with like a 70-80 pitch in the upper jaw wth team Wendy pads and got a concussion. Softball game. Lol. I just wonder if they absorb some shock, but then the rest goes the mask. Like with Wilson pads I think the memory foam ones absorb more of the shock.

sorry mad max.

Thoughts?

Mike

I found TW pads were better for me at 70 degrees and above below that they were on the stiff side.

• Like 1

TW's do warm up to your face in cold weather as you wear them, but they are definitely harder at the beginning of a game. A lot of guys that wear them in colder weather (below 40 degrees) put them in the car near the heater or defroster to "soften them" before wearing in the game. The Zorbium properties are stiffer, which is why it absorbs the impact better than other foam pads - but the downside is that they can be a little stiff in colder temps.

• Like 1

I never really had an issue with them being to stiff. Even at or below 50 degrees, they softened up pretty well pretty quickly. @Umpiresrock74 I too got a concussion while wearing TW. However, I truly believe they helped save me from a moderate or major one to a minor one.

As for the MAG... I LOVE THAT MASK! Wicked lightweight and the vision is outstanding. Like Keith said, it will take some getting used to. The chin pad is oversized to say the least. But once you get past that is it extremely comfortable!

Just now, Umpiresrock74 said:

It was like  a hotter day. Lol. So I don’t know why it was stiff. Just how they are. Lol. 

They definitely are on the denser side of things. But then again... soldiers are willingly padding their helmets with this stuff. So I'll leave it to them to tell me that the product is top notch.

6 hours ago, Umpiresrock74 said:

It was like  a hotter day. Lol. So I don’t know why it was stiff. Just how they are. Lol. 

I am not sure how sweat and cleaner effect them but I did get a used mask that had them. looked to be a year or so old and they were stiff also even when hotter. I just replaced them with a new set I had not used but purchased for another mask. Those unused were way more pliable.  So meh maybe they do have a EOD after using them? /shrug