MLB Ejection 069 - Mark Carlson (2; Glenn Sparkman)

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1795 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

HP Umpire Mark Carlson ejected Royals pitcher Glenn Sparkman (throwing at White Sox batter Tim Anderson; QOCU) in the bottom of the 2nd inning of the Royals-White Sox game. With none out and one on (R1), Anderson took a first-pitch fastball inside and waist-high for a called first ball and a 1-0...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]]

View the full article

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, yawetag said:

Seems like the textbook place to give warnings to the pitcher and both benches.

They had that chance a couple weeks ago, it's just more stupid Royals BS and Ned Yost redassery.

disclaimer - this post may or may not be influenced by factors other than umpire considerations

I've got no problem with the EJ based on the history, though I'm not convinced it was intentional. I also have no issue with Yost coming out and arguing it. 

disclaimer - this post may or may not be influenced by factors other than umpire considerations (thanks @scrounge ;))

9 hours ago, Thatsnotyou said:

Here’s the thing. You don’t get the benefit of the doubt here, Royals. You laid the groundwork for this ejection a few weeks ago. You made that choice. 

Which is why I'm fine with the EJ. The league probably told them, Anderson gets hit? Throw the pitcher.