Reebok Field Magistrate plate shoes?

wolfe_man
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2298 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

What are these worth?  I found a pair for around $125 shipped for brand-new in the box. 

Are these better than the new NB MU460v3 plate shoes?  I've not heard very good things about the New Balance, so I'm kind of scared to shell out $150 for them.  I've heard they're hard to keep clean, tear easily, etc.  

Thanks!

Reebok Magistrate Plate Shoe.jpg

2 minutes ago, tpatience said:

They are the best plate shoes I’ve ever worn. 

Thanks - that's exactly what I was looking for.

I know some didn't like the "Shamu" stripes on the side, but I've read positive reviews as well from the same folks who just wished they were all black.

15 hours ago, wolfe_man said:

I've not heard very good things about the New Balance

@wolfe_man, even though I had reservations regarding the shine, I too will echo @tpatience.  BEST plate shoes I've worn.  In regards to the shine, I used to have a pair of patent leather plate shoes.  That had me spoiled, period, the end.  Seeing is that UA has upped their minimum buy to $129 for free shipping (I get it, when you're world class, you still need to make money), these shoes and any subsequent return of them is FREE shipping. 

I mean, think about that.  That's my favorite dinner, my favorite adult beverage, etc........FREE.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, wolfe_man said:

Thanks - that's exactly what I was looking for.

I know some didn't like the "Shamu" stripes on the side, but I've read positive reviews as well from the same folks who just wished they were all black.

The "Shamu" reference was to the very first iteration of those shoes .....the ones pictures are the 2nd version w/ the stripes much more low-key :nod: 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Fire Eye said:

@wolfe_man Mind if I ask where you found them?  I purchased a pair from @tpatience and I love them.  I'd buy another if I could find them in my size.

https://stripes-and-strikes.myshopify.com/collections/vendors?q=Reebok

I can say they only have like 11.5 4E, 11.5 D and like 15E  left.  Sizes are very limited.

1 minute ago, Fire Eye said:

That's what I've seen too in my searches. I'm a 12 D and haven't been able to find any more of that size. Thanks, though!

I'll keep my eyes peeled, but getting harder and harder to find any Reeboks now.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BT_Blue said:

Awe man! I would love to pick up a pair of 11.5 4E of these. I just can't right now. 

I’d hop on them or they’ll be gone. I bought the11.5 D and that was his last pair of those.