Jump to content
Umpire in Chief

Good Call Blue Intro

Recommended Posts

The first one is coming out Friday. If you know a video clip showing a great call please share the link.

I've got 3-4 I've found so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Richvee said:

I think this is my favorite call ever. Maybe the best call ever. 

Disappointed that they have not had a "Third Team" special for the past couple of years.

We need a write in campaign.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, conbo61 said:

Disappointed that they have not had a "Third Team" special for the past couple of years.

We need a write in campaign.

I agree. It's not MLB network is overrun with new shows all winter. How many times can you show the best plays of 2017, or the Billy Martin doc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Richvee said:

I agree. It's not MLB network is overrun with new shows all winter. How many times can you show the best plays of 2017, or the Billy Martin doc. 

This has been the most boring off-season ever so far

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, udbrky said:

This has been the most boring off-season ever so far

:nod::sleep:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2018 at 9:18 AM, Umpire in Chief said:

The first one is coming out Friday...

I'm still waiting with baited breath...(its 16:13 EST).  C'mon, you're holding us in suspense.  LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, lawump said:

I'm still waiting with baited breath...LOL

There now is evidence that officials with "baited breath" experience shorter on-field arguments with managers and pre-games with partners. .        

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2018 at 2:57 PM, conbo61 said:

Watch "Giants Get Fielder at the Plate   2012 World Series" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/QZfdkzH4OVQ

 

On 1/4/2018 at 4:59 AM, Richvee said:

I think this is my favorite call ever. Maybe the best call ever. 

This is also probably my favorite clip ever. Not only because it was my introduction to the Wedge (and the umpire community as a whole I believe). But it was made by one of my favorite umpires. 

Also doesnt hurt that it helped lead to title #2 of three in 5 seasons for my favorite team. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BT_Blue said:

 

This is also probably my favorite clip ever. Not only because it was my introduction to the Wedge (and the umpire community as a whole I believe). But it was made by one of my favorite umpires. 

Also doesnt hurt that it helped lead to title #2 of three in 5 seasons for my favorite team. 

Also the last great call that REALLY mattered. Last season without replay. So his call was standing..right or wrong, and he nailed it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2018 at 3:14 PM, lawump said:

I'm still waiting with baited breath...(its 16:13 EST).  C'mon, you're holding us in suspense.  LOL

Hope we didn't lose @lawump

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2018 at 3:14 PM, lawump said:

I'm still waiting with baited breath...(its 16:13 EST).  C'mon, you're holding us in suspense.  LOL

bat·ed
ˈbādəd/
adjective
adjective: bated
  1. in great suspense; very anxiously or excitedly.
    "he waited for a reply to his offer with bated breath"
     
    Otherwise, I picture you dangling a little tiny fish in your mouth.
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, ElkOil said:
bat·ed
ˈbādəd/
adjective
adjective: bated
  1. in great suspense; very anxiously or excitedly.
    "he waited for a reply to his offer with bated breath"
     
    Otherwise, I picture you dangling a little tiny fish in your mouth.

I love when I misspell a word.  Shame on me.  LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...