Nike plate shoes? Old school guys needed.

mbkcoach
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2464 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

14 hours ago, mbkcoach said:

Are these really Nikes. A buddy trying to sell them to me. What do y'all think they are worth. I have never seen any like them. 

IMG_2287.JPG

Those look like a pair of worn out old bowling shoes. Your feet are too important to put on a tired pair of shoes. If you invest good money into anything, put it into a good pair of new kicks. They're worth the money.

50 minutes ago, wolfe_man said:

They do look the like +POS shoes I've seen on eBay and FB.

46 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

This is a PHOTOSHOP job done by our own gear resident gear pimp Fittske_24 ...it's a Nike football shoe from a few years ago w/ a Reebok Met plate on it ....

Stupid Google Image Search

I have a pair of these shoes, just without the Nike logo. I believe my pair are +POS. Mine are in slightly better shape. Someone gave them to me to pass along to someone that can use them.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

On 7/26/2017 at 3:47 PM, KenBAZ said:

I have a pair of these shoes, just without the Nike logo. I believe my pair are +POS. Mine are in slightly better shape. Someone gave them to me to pass along to someone that can use them.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Honig's used to offer their own made in USA plate shoes I believe (this is 10 + years ago) and they were somewhat similar looking to the + POS plate shoes, I thought they were made by the same domestic manufacturer.  The shoes in the OP with the nike logo look like the old Honig's low cut plate shoes.

This old post talks about them and Tee chimes in here about his Nikes.

https://forum.officiating.com/baseball/24477-plate-shoes.html