Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3515 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

This is the mask many of the MLB umpires wear. The Nike Pro umpire mask. This mask is only given to contracted Nike catchers.  Very rare with black pads.

$500 or best offer. 

M

IMG_3844.JPG

IMG_0222.JPG

Posted

Uhm, excuse me...

I'm assuming from the asking price that this is the famed Nike Titanium, yes?

If it is, then you are indeed correct that many MLB umpires use it. However, this isn't referred to as "the Pro", nor is it "only given to contracted Nike catchers". I'm a Nike fanatic, but I do know and acknowledge that there are more than one way to skin this 'ere cat*.

What does "dry rare" mean?

* - No, I'm not advocating animal cruelty. It's a catchphrase or expression.

  • Like 4
Posted
12 minutes ago, MadMax said:

Uhm, excuse me...

I'm assuming from the asking price that this is the famed Nike Titanium, yes?

If it is, then you are indeed correct that many MLB umpires use it. However, this isn't referred to as "the Pro", nor is it "only given to contracted Nike catchers". I'm a Nike fanatic, but I do know and acknowledge that there are more than one way to skin this 'ere cat*.

What does "dry rare" mean?

* - No, I'm not advocating animal cruelty. It's a catchphrase or expression.

Nor is it an "umpire mask" ...it's a catchers mask that umpires oggle over :D 

  • Like 2
Posted
11 minutes ago, johnnyg08 said:

For $500 or whatever it ends up selling for, I'd suggest you post some pictures of what you have.  

Good luck.

It's on eBay. It's just a regular Nike titanium

Posted
2 minutes ago, LittleBlue said:

And here I thought we were past the point of Nike Ti's going for that much. 

We are, but that doesn't mean they can't be listed there. 

Posted
Just now, Stk004 said:

We are, but that doesn't mean they can't be listed there. 

True it just amazes me sometimes.

Posted
On 2/8/2017 at 10:32 AM, tpatience said:

It's on eBay. It's just a regular Nike titanium

I know.  I have one.  Just thought that folks would like to see the picture of the exact mask that is for sale. 

×
×
  • Create New...