Pull overs and Chest Protectors

kstrunk
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2646 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Concur about no long sleeve shirts on the bases. And, for the love of God, NO LONG SLEEVES UNDER YOUR SHORT SLEEVES (sorry for the outburst)! I know no one in these forums would do such a thing, but there are guys in my association who do...every...year. Even after hearing our board members strictly forbidding the practice. But I am a high school teacher, so I'm used to people not following directions. :rolleyes:

The only exception I have to not wearing a jacket behind the plate in when the conditions are drizzly and wet. But then, I wear the Smitty pullover with the open bottom so it tucks in nicely. Plus, it has the pocket on the left chest to keep the line up cards.

So, in conclusion:

plate = short/long sleeves or plate coat,

bases = short sleeves or jacket.

1 hour ago, conbo61 said:

What? When it dips into the high 50's low 60's?

Sheesh...

48 minutes ago, tpatience said:

Exactly. Anything below 70 at game time, I pull out the long sleeve

Last year I worked with a very good umpire from Las Vegas. It was in the upper 50s-low 60s. I was in my cut off jacket on the bases. All the players were in short sleeves. It was partly cloudy and beautiful! 

My partner.... full thermal long sleeve + plate coat! Lol

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BT_Blue said:

Last year I worked with a very good umpire from Las Vegas. It was in the upper 50s-low 60s. I was in my cut off jacket on the bases. All the players were in short sleeves. It was partly cloudy and beautiful! 

My partner.... full thermal long sleeve + plate coat! Lol

That's me

28 minutes ago, Mister B said:

Growing up in the midwest, anything above 40, we considered "shorts and t-shirt weather."

Well, growing up in California, we consider anything below 70 to be sweatshirt and jeans weather. Anything below 50 and we shut down for the day

2 hours ago, tpatience said:

Well, growing up in California, we consider anything below 70 to be sweatshirt and jeans weather. Anything below 50 and we shut down for the day

SoCal sir! Don't lump NoCal (where they actually have some weather and seasons) with you dirty SoCal-ers.

P.S. go giants!