Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3532 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello Everyone. I am currently an assignor for 2 little leagues (possibly 3, as I have been recently approached) and many travel teams and I am looking to expand my 52 umpire crew. I am always looking to expand and wanted to put it out there on here to see if anyone from the area would be interested in joining. Please contact me if you are looking to pick up extra games in the South Jersey area. 

Posted
2 hours ago, catsbackr said:

South - Jersey?

 

Isn't that a contradiction of terms?  JK:)

This would probably be funny if I was from the area, eh? 

Posted
30 minutes ago, Stk004 said:

This would probably be funny if I was from the area, eh? 

Its a Jersey thing, you wouldn't understand.  :smachhead:

  • Like 1
Posted
11 hours ago, Caught Looking said:

What association are you assigning for?

I work for TSE now.

I have my own association, no real name per say. I assign for a few different leagues. Where are you from? Would you be interested in picking up more games?

Posted
3 hours ago, sjbaseballump said:

I have my own association, no real name per say. I assign for a few different leagues. Where are you from? Would you be interested in picking up more games?

I'm always looking for work. I'm starting High school games this year along with everything I can get from TSE and two other leagues.

What kind of games are you assigning and how are the other umpires? Do you have more experienced or youth umpires?

Posted
5 hours ago, catsbackr said:

Seriously, I thought South Jersey was Atlanta.

Actually, when you get down to that lower south west corner of Jersey, the only difference between there and rural Georgia/Alabama is the weather.

  • Like 1
Posted

Over half the people in Atlanta have a Jersey accent.  It seems like hardly anyone in Atlanta is from Atlanta.

Posted
6 hours ago, LMSANS said:

Part of NJ is south of the Mason-Dixon Line.

 

Mason and Dixon's line turns southish when it gets to Delaware, so part of NJ is east of the Mason-Dixon line, although that part is south of MPBX (Maryland-Pennsylvania border extended).  ;)

Posted
22 hours ago, Caught Looking said:

I'm always looking for work. I'm starting High school games this year along with everything I can get from TSE and two other leagues.

What kind of games are you assigning and how are the other umpires? Do you have more experienced or youth umpires?

I assign all age groups and 95% of my umpires are high school certified. My game range from town ball, travel, and some adult leagues. I'll send you a message on here. 

Posted
23 hours ago, Richvee said:

Actually, when you get down to that lower south west corner of Jersey, the only difference between there and rural Georgia/Alabama is the weather.

That's not true at all. 

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
On Mon Jan 16 2017 at 5:23 PM, catsbackr said:

Seriously, I thought South Jersey was Atlanta.

Darn it YouTube! Just spent 10 minutes searching for the Robin Hood Men In Tights scene where Dave Chappelle asks as Will "what part of Georgia you from? South Central!?"

Of course I can't find it.

×
×
  • Create New...