Guest gary

tag up

Question

Guest gary

runner second and third one out.  fly ball to right guy on third tags the runner on second tags and scores also.  appeals second.  umpire calls him out at second.  does the run count?? Out two is the catch out three is the appeal but run scored before the out

9 answers to this question

Yes. R3's run counts. As long as R3 crossed the plate before the appeal at 2nd on R2.  R2 is out on appeal. This is NOT a force play. It is a TIME play. 

Maybe we could sticky this play and the "Is a tag on a force a force?" play at the top and instruct folks to read before posting...

Because it seems 25% of the questions in this forum are about one of those two plays.

• Like 1

Great idea, but I mod a couple forums, and ain't nobody got time to read those things.

9 hours ago, udbrky said:

Great idea, but I mod a couple forums, and ain't nobody got time to read those things.

Maybe an "automated reply' for this section that gives the top two or three answers (with a note that if none applies, an answer will be coming once a real person reads the question).

On 6/20/2016 at 9:54 PM, udbrky said:

No, but as somebody who answers tech support emails frequently, it sure makes it easy to post a reply that says only: http://mysite.com/FAQ/#3 (note - this was an example - don't click it)

There's naturally a sample bias problem in assessing how often people read the FAQ.  The people who do are unlikely to post, "Hey, I read the FAQ and got my answer, so thanks and never mind me."  On the other hand, the people who don't read the FAQ, post the question again.

tl;dr  FAQs are good.

On 7/4/2016 at 9:55 PM, kylehutson said:

No, but as somebody who answers tech support emails frequently, it sure makes it easy to post a reply that says only: http://mysite.com/FAQ/#3 (note - this was an example - don't click it)

Yeah, we do the same thing. Also, breevy is an amazing program. Type one word, it spits out 8 paragraphs!

1 hour ago, udbrky said:

Yeah, we do the same thing. Also, breevy is an amazing program. Type one word, it spits out 8 paragraphs!

Sounds like my ex-wife.

• Like 1

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.