Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4076 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Anyone that had or own shirts from honigs, how do the sizes run? I normally have a lot of Dalco shirts and after 3 yrs I found out that the sizing is done with gear on. So my normal mediums that I got for the field should have been small and the large is much bigger with gear on than I expected. Input?


Thanks!

Posted

Anyone that had or own shirts from honigs, how do the sizes run? I normally have a lot of Dalco shirts and after 3 yrs I found out that the sizing is done with gear on. So my normal mediums that I got for the field should have been small and the large is much bigger with gear on than I expected. Input?


Thanks!

Well, a Smiity and Majestic XL are larger than a Honig's XL.

Posted

I'm 6'2", 206lb, so I'll give you the size I use after each observation...

  • Majestic: Sized for Base (XL)
  • Smitty (Adams): Sized for Plate (L)
  • Honig's: Sized for Base (XL)
  • Cliff Keen: Sized for Base (XL)
  • TheOfficialsCall: Sized for Base (XL)
  • TheOfficialsChoice: Sized for Base (XL)
  • West Coast Umpire Apparel (WCUA): Sized for Base (XL)
  • Majestic Cool Base Convertible Jacket: Sized for Base (L)

They all have their variances. Because I work so many tournament games, I focus on a plate-sized shirt, and still can look sharp using it on the bases. With Majestic, it's a bit generous, though, so if I had my druthers, I'd get a Large MLB Black shirt, and try it behind the plate (especially since my CP is rather low-profile, and not some hulking Wilson).

Posted

Why not tell the guy to go to www.honigs.com and find the Honig's size chart? Sorry, they are that negligent that they don't have it on the new website.

yes, that, and ....have you ever experienced an online size chart that was correct?!? LOL

  • Like 3
Posted

yes, that, and ....have you ever experienced an online size chart that was correct?!? LOL

Kind of like trying a hat on, then ordering the hat and it is a completely different size.  They might be good quality hats, but New Era and Richardson are  notorious for inconsistencies in hat sizing.

×
×
  • Create New...