Umpire in Chief

Upgrade to-do's

If you see something that does not seem right. Post about it here. Screenshots are helpful. 

Some may be system limitations and there may be other reasons why something cannot be done but please let me know. What you find.

Here's what I've seen so far. I'll keep updating this post as I go.

• Quote tags on old posts are broken
  • Can't seem to delete nested quotes from posts that are quoted
  • [sidebar] tags need fixing
  • @user tags broken
  • MLB video embed code is broken
  • Can't delete own posts?
  • Signatures missing
  • This one may not be one you have control over. Doing a search on google using site:umpire-empire.com <search string> the URL returned doesn't resolve.  For example, http://umpire-empire.com/index.php/topic/55108-diamond-big-league-mask/ just goes back to http://umpire-empire.com. It seems that the new site uses adds a "?" after index.php when resolving links.

Edited by Welpe

There were some links that had the html tags in them earlier this morning.  I will see if I can find one.

">Screen Shot 2015-04-27 at 9.44.26 AM.jpg

​Checked into this the link is good, the structure is off. Easy Fix (hopefully) :)

Notifications don't show up on mobile when I know there should be some. 

​Still playing with mobile... Keep checking. 

I wasn't even thinking about mobile last night and gave it virtually zero attention. But I'm working on several mobile items now. 

Here's what I was talking about with this: "

• Can't seem to delete nested quotes from posts that are quoted"

Can't delete the highlighted part. Not sure if this is intended functionality or not.

Capture.thumb.JPG.44432b41c941992f228001

Capture.thumb.JPG.44432b41c941992f228001

• @user tags broken

@Welpe ​This seems to be working now. 

Members will need to type @"the member name" and as the field will populate as they type. I will put on my list a custom to have a mention put in to post profile field. 

I noticed that as well though I think what I originally saw was posts that were made prior to the upgrade.

The @ with the name drop down is a nice feature though!

• Can't seem to delete nested quotes from posts that are quoted

​That seems to be a system issue to do it through the WYSIWYG editor. 

While it seems to be a PITA. it can be done by selecting the "source" button above. 

I don't know if you had this previously but it seems I can't delete my post either.

​Welpe, I think that might be a countermeasure for accountability. The deletion of posts may be a admin/moderator function only. That's my technical guess.

I figured that may be the case but I wanted to offer it up as an observation anyways. I'm doing my due diligence as a QA tester. :)

I like how the email alerts you get have an easy to read version of what was posted, this way, if you want to , you can read from your email instead of having to go to the site.

Update on Tapatalk. 

Tapatalk does not have a final version for this software version, but is promising it soon. As soon as there is even a Release Candidate available I will install it. 

​The server is still re-indexing the site. Last I looked it was only at 38%. I believe when this process is completed these may be fixed.

i am using an iPhone. Seems like in replies where I quoted another post there is no option for emojis. So i tried the ones on the keyboard. It showed when I typed it. But wasn't in the reply. Looks like in a new post it has an option for emojis. I will try on a pc  soon. 

Thanks  

image.thumb.jpg.1396871dc180b095fa80bb0a

Okay we have MLB embeds again. Heres how...

1. Find your video
  2. Click the embed option (if you do not see an embed link, the video is not available for embedding yet. Generally it is available after 24 hours)
  3. Copy the code
  4. Click the MLB logo in the editor
  5. paste the text.

• Like 3

Okay we have MLB embeds again. Heres how...

1. Find your video
  2. Click the embed option (if you do not see an embed link, the video is not available for embedding yet. Generally it is available after 24 hours)
  3. Copy the code
  4. Click the MLB logo in the editor
  5. paste the text.

​I tried editing and embedding one of Jeff's videos using the exact same steps and I'm not seeing an embed.  Also, can we get the embedded videos to be a bit larger?  

I will try embed w/ a new link.