Umpire in Chief

Upgrade to-do's

Warren, could you please admin-re-enable our option to toggle-on/off the Email Notification for a comment? I'd like to opt out of any/all emails, since my line of work gets more than enough during the day.

Ohhhh... I just noticed this too. There's a "Notify Me of Replies" toggle down there at the bottom of the editing field. Sneaky. Yeah, that gets turned OFF!
Any chance that can be set to OFF by default?

Mine is off by default. 

​Same here.

​So... here's how to change your default notifications

1. Click on your name in the top right
  2. Select Notification settings in the right column.
  3. Make your selections and save.

I cannot go to page 2 of my results from "new content"

​I just noticed that too... It seemed to be working earlier. I will look into this.

On the main forum page I tried to goto page 2. I clicked on 2. Nothing happened. I clicked on "Next". Nothing happened.

I have been having trouble with TapaTalk since the upgrade.

Is this related?

​He needs to re-install it.

Already aware of it, @Umpire in Chief... 

Here's where I'm getting the problem:

image.thumb.jpg.316b19eae2bafbe3bdb99ea4

It's that rogue selection of "Someone Comments on Something I Follow", with adjustment by Admin only. Please fix that, or allow us to modify that, because the emails are piling up. :/

​He needs to re-install it.

​He who?  Me?

I re-installed and received the message "Failed to connect to forum"

Edited by conbo61

Already aware of it, @Umpire in Chief... 

Here's where I'm getting the problem:

It's that rogue selection of "Someone Comments on Something I Follow", with adjustment by Admin only. Please fix that, or allow us to modify that, because the emails are piling up. :/

​So, you want to follow a thread, but you don't want to be notified when someone posts to it?

​He who?  Me?

I re-installed and received the message "Failed to connect to forum"

​He as in the boss, UIC.

@maven - Notified, yes. Emailed, noooooo.

Why _that one_ is greyed out and unavailable is boggling. It indicates only an admin can allow that toggle setting to be adjusted.

Do we have an eta of when the powers that be will reinstall Tapatalk? 

CAN NOT SEE or GO TO more than ONE page of posts .......................  when you click "page 2" it brings you to the top of PAGE 1!

very frustrating .........

Please make the default sort in "ask the umpire" "date" and not "rating" (or if it's in the settings, point me to it).

For that matter, I'm not sure why that forum is set up any differently than any of the others.

I don't have this feature on any other forums I visit, so this really isn't a "complaint" so much as a "it doesn't do what it did before" feature.

In the old version whenever you clicked into a topic, there was a button called "first unread post". This version has a blue line you can scan for quickly, but I really liked having that button that would take me straight there. Is that functionality available with the new version?

BTW, nice job UIC. I've done these types of upgrades before and they usually involve getting much less sleep than I need. Your work is appreciated.

I don't have this feature on any other forums I visit, so this really isn't a "complaint" so much as a "it doesn't do what it did before" feature.

In the old version whenever you clicked into a topic, there was a button called "first unread post". This version has a blue line you can scan for quickly, but I really liked having that button that would take me straight there. Is that functionality available with the new version?

BTW, nice job UIC. I've done these types of upgrades before and they usually involve getting much less sleep than I need. Your work is appreciated.

​Click into the 'first unread post" from the topic listing in each forum.

There was an option in the header before to see recent activity threads. I don't see that option now. Is it there and I can't find it? I see a recent posts option but it just shows the comments. Also, is there going to be a Web view (for full site) option when using mobile? 

I have noticed the site loads much faster than when I previously used the full site. Especially videos. 

​Nice job UIC! Appreciated. 

​Click on the black circle or star to the left of the title, that'll take you to the first unread post.

Edited by Welpe
  • Like 2

​Click on the blue circle to the left of the title, that'll take you to the first unread post.

​Didn't realize that circle was clickable. Thanks @Welpe!

Do we have an eta of when the powers that be will reinstall Tapatalk? 

​Here is what the lead developer for Tapatalk posted just Monday evening:

The plugin development team are actively working on it. Please understand that with all the changes introduced in IPB 4.0, we need to re-write the plugin almost from scratch. 

When will it be ready? ASAP. I do not wish to give you a date that may set false expectations. I only can confirm that we are working on it. 

CAN NOT SEE or GO TO more than ONE page of posts .......................  when you click "page 2" it brings you to the top of PAGE 1!

very frustrating .........

​Fixed...

Why can't you see the question from a 'guest' on Ask the umpire forum?

​This appears to be user created error, but I am going to look into more.