Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4221 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Not the grade I was after, but not terrible. I'll continue studying the rules though, even as I hammer the mechanics manual. Thanks to all who helped by answering my questions. Stay tuned, there's more to come! 

  • Like 1
Posted

Did you learn even more from taking this test?  If so, you've succeeded in many ways!  Congrats! :clap:

Learned a ton Chief! But much to learn still! Thanks again. 

Posted

Congratulations.  At least you took the test.  A lot of guys I know sit around the scribble in the answers when we go over the test.  Keep taking the test and you'll see yourself get better each year.

Posted

Thanks! We have to take a closed book, proctored exam! 75% minimum score Required. Are we more strict than most?

Posted

Thanks! We have to take a closed book, proctored exam! 75% minimum score Required. Are we more strict than most?

Our state is open book and our percentage minimum is consequently higher.

Posted

Ours (WI) is an online test. Consequently, it's open book, open google, phone a friend, street shoutout, whatever you want. But it is timed, so if you had absolutely no clue, I don't think you could look up every part of every case play in the allotted time. I believe our minimum is 70% or 75% for beginners and then increases if you wish to move up the levels.

 

Coaches also have to take the same test so, though I'm relatively new to umpiring, I am very familiar with the types of case plays on the test. If you think some of the case plays are convoluted, try watching (or coaching, or umpiring) an inner city high school baseball game. I swear some of the crazy case plays are from our games.

Posted

Ours is open-book with discussion allowed at each table.  I found it distractive; not everyone is on the same question at the same time.  This year, I'm going to sit by myself and keep the book closed, just to see how well I will do.

Posted

JMHO,

 

But, if you can't pass (80%) the Fed test without using the rule book, you probably don't need to be umpiring HS baseball.

  • Like 1
Posted

Thanks! We have to take a closed book, proctored exam! 75% minimum score Required. Are we more strict than most?

Ours is 50 questions. Closed book, in class, no you can't phone a freind. Our study guide is 170 questions and that is open book. The 50 questions come straight from the 170 but there are no Mechanics questions in the 50 but there are in the 170.

Games worked 10

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

Both the softball and baseball FED tests here in Ohio are open book and online. You must get an 80% or higher on two parts: Mechanics (50 questions) and rules (50 questions). There is an additional 30 question general OHSAA rules test as well.

 

I just passed my FED this past weekend! First assignment coming up this Saturday. I am pumped!

×
×
  • Create New...