Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4512 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Let me clarify for Thunderheads. I am looking for a DIRECT COMPARISON. I own the Bauer and am wondering if the UE is worth the cost to upgrade. I know much about both shins, but nothing about them in reference to each other.

Thanks

  • Like 1
Posted

Let me clarify for Thunderheads. I am looking for a DIRECT COMPARISON. I own the Bauer and am wondering if the UE is worth the cost to upgrade. I know much about both shins, but nothing about them in reference to each other.

Thanks

now that's a much more detailed question! :nod:

Posted

I am contemplating the same thing you are, I have the Bauers and WVP shins but I love my UE CP so I think I'm going to pull the trigger and get the UE shins. 

  • Like 1
Posted

After further contemplation, I decided to pull the trigger on the UE shins. Since I am in love with the UE CP, it only made sense to get the shins. I'll let you know how they are and give you a through review.

  • Like 1
Posted

Let me clarify for Thunderheads. I am looking for a DIRECT COMPARISON. I own the Bauer and am wondering if the UE is worth the cost to upgrade. I know much about both shins, but nothing about them in reference to each other.

Thanks

 

 

 

Let me clarify for Thunderheads. I am looking for a DIRECT COMPARISON. I own the Bauer and am wondering if the UE is worth the cost to upgrade. I know much about both shins, but nothing about them in reference to each other.

Thanks

now that's a much more detailed question! :nod:

 

I loved @goindeep answer to the :kissass::notworthy: . 

Posted

@goindeep

(That's my girlfriend's nickname for me by the way) haha

Ask and ye shall receive. These are 18.5 UE shins. I'm 5'9" with 32" inseam.

post-34-0-13212200-1401340271_thumb.jpgpost-34-0-35574300-1401340373_thumb.jpg

Posted

After further contemplation, I decided to pull the trigger on the UE shins. Since I am in love with the UE CP, it only made sense to get the shins. I'll let you know how they are and give you a through review.

<br />Must be nice to be rich at such a young age!
Posted

@goindeep<br />(That's my girlfriend's nickname for me by the way) haha<br /><br />Ask and ye shall receive. These are 18.5 UE shins. I'm 5'9" with 32" inseam. <br /><br />attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

<br />That's more that I wanted to see!!!
Posted

@JaxRolo

 

That's not what I heard.  Everybody on this board knows you like short, stubby and big.

LMAO

 

I'm dead sexy.......

  • Like 2
Posted

I have the Bauers and the UE. I prefer the UE. But for the price you can't beat the Bauers.

 

I don't like going without ankle protection, so I don't wear the Bauers very often.

Posted

@Majordave 

 

Looks the the 18.5 will fit well with my 6' frame but the real question is what do you use to shine those plate shoes, they look great! 

Posted

Thanks. It's Leather Luster. They are 4 plus year old Reebok Magistrates. Had some nicks and cuts. So I went for it over Easter weekend since I had no games and I'm VERY happy with the results.

Posted

Thanks. It's Leather Luster. They are 4 plus year old Reebok Magistrates. Had some nicks and cuts. So I went for it over Easter weekend since I had no games and I'm VERY happy with the results.

that's what that is!  wow ...they look great!

 

can you use Leather Luster on shoes w/ white on them, and ...how long is the process?  

Posted

Yes. You first use a pre-cleaner LL provides in their kit. Let dry. Removes all waxes and oils in or on the leather/pleather. Then, bottle doesn't say to but you should sand any cuts/nicks in leather. Then rub all over with a piece of very fine gauge steel wool to prep the surface for the LL itself. Can comes with a small dauber built into the can lid. Let dry 8-12 hours then steel wool them, wipe and repeat LL two more coats. Whole process took two days. Coat 1 on Satirday AM. Coat 2 on Saturday evening around 9. Coat 3 on Sunday mid-day and wore them on Momday afternoon.

Yes it covers white pretty well. I need to touch up where metatarsal plate rubs on stripes even though you can't see I still know it's rubbed off there. I even put LL on the sole rubber all around and it's stayed shiny as well.

The beauty of this stuff other than the amazing shine is you just spray with water and wipe them off. Easier than the scrubbing bubbles and a brush routine.

Posted

Yes. You first use a pre-cleaner LL provides in their kit. Let dry. Removes all waxes and oils in or on the leather/pleather. Then, bottle doesn't say to but you should sand any cuts/nicks in leather. Then rub all over with a piece of very fine gauge steel wool to prep the surface for the LL itself. Can comes with a small dauber built into the can lid. Let dry 8-12 hours then steel wool them, wipe and repeat LL two more coats. Whole process took two days. Coat 1 on Satirday AM. Coat 2 on Saturday evening around 9. Coat 3 on Sunday mid-day and wore them on Momday afternoon.

Yes it covers white pretty well. I need to touch up where metatarsal plate rubs on stripes even though you can't see I still know it's rubbed off there. I even put LL on the sole rubber all around and it's stayed shiny as well.

The beauty of this stuff other than the amazing shine is you just spray with water and wipe them off. Easier than the scrubbing bubbles and a brush routine.

So it will cover white?  My question was geared towards using it on shoes with white on them.  It'll probably get complicated using LL around the white on your shoes?

Posted

I wasn't clear. Yes it covered the white on my reebok magistrate mid height very well. It just rubbed off.

One of my local buds did it and kept stripes white by putting Vaseline on the stripes. Wiped right off. He had to use more care when applying the LL but his look amazing too. His are also 4 years old. He applied LL when new and touches up with new coat each season.

×
×
  • Create New...