Partner not loud

cyclonehokiece
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3618 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

12U. Outs and runners don't matter, I'm BU with a green PU. Partner says nothing audible on first pitch (which goes to the screen), next two are a called strike and a swinging strike. Partner now goes to batter "that's 3" and the batter's team dugout goes crazy (BTW, they are getting creamed). After some yelling partner calls me in. I ask him "what did you call the first pitch?" He says "strike" and I reply "you have to call it louder." Now a coach comes out on me :WTF: saying I have to fix it. I order him back to his dugout, which he does go. Was this handled correctly? Partner and I had a come to Jesus meeting about him making calls louder and a few other issues in postgame. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi. This situation was handle correctly at that moment. However, if I was you and in the beginning of the game you noticed that the PU (green) was not loud enough I would have approach him in between the first inning if I noticed that he wasn't load enough.. I hope this help you out..

Hi. This situation was handle correctly at that moment. However, if I was you and in the beginning of the game you noticed that the PU (green) was not loud enough I would have approach him in between the first inning if I noticed that he wasn't load enough.. I hope this help you out..

That was the funny thing, he had been signalling/calling all other strikes other than this one.  I don't know if he brainfarted or something, but I think him and the catcher were the only ones in the whole park that knew he called it a strike.

I had a partner this weekend who was working the dish and experimenting with being, 'nonchalant'. He just basically acted like he was bored. Barely signaled, wasn't very loud, gave the count sporadically. We had a long post game discussion. He made the mistake of saying, " I don't know why I'm not getting better games", which sort of set me off.

Bottom line, don't leave people guessing on the field.

What was that, Rolo? I couldn't hear you.

If the "silent partner" ever questions as to why one needs to be vocal behind the plate (especially), bring up the scenario of not using an audible "Play!" (or a distinct gesture your BU partner(s) and the ballplayers can see), and the absolute chaos that can ensue. All it takes is a wild throw-over with R1 advancing to 2B, then to 3B only to be apparently tagged out by a throw from F3 to F5... and the umpires finally able to be heard over all the screaming and yelling that "We just had a mound visit, and the ball isn't in play yet!"

• Like 1

Try one of these:

132.jpg

Definitely gotta get one of those.....I may even buy the bullhorn as well.

I had me one of those. Mouth was always open the same way. She didn't need the damn bullhorn. Operative word - "had".

You young guys out there - this is the most important piece of knowledge and experience I, or any other guy for that mater, can ever give you: "Show me the most beautiful woman on earth and I'll show you a guy who's sick and tired of putting up with her sh!t."