West Vest Gold Fit Question?

nicshow
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3574 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Friends,

I am wearing the Gold West Vest and have a question about the upper rib plates that sit just below my armpits. I'm wondering if they are to be tucked in behind the shoulder pads or in front of? They look awkward in front of but are it fits more comfortably that way.

Thanks,

Nic

Funny Rolando, I wear mine out in front.  Like Pointy tetas!  Hahaha.  

Seriously, I find them to feel and look better out over the shoulder caps.  

Yep.  Ask for an opinion, you will get many.  Sometimes you can rely on them.  Sometimes you get a smart ass answer that doesn't help at all.............

I prefer them behind myself. I actually took a small piece of elastic and stitched that on to the top and bottom of the pad to keep it in place. The elastic gives it just enough flexibility so that it doesn't feel restricting.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hopefully the pictures came out clearly enough that you can see what I did. I ran the elastic from the shoulder pad down to the lower flap. Stitched it at both ends. It sits behind the plastic plate on the middle flap. I had to use white elastic because that's all I had to Macgyver this with. Once the plate is secured back on it is barely visible. post-1393-1399483084388.jpgpost-1393-13994831127885.jpg Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 months later...