Rehab almost complete

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3701 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

As many of yo know I herniated a disk in L4-L5 that pressed against the nerves.

Surgery was done on Feb 17 and it went really well.

The last game I umpired was Jan 28th.

My back is doing really well.

My post op doctor visit went well and we discussed my plans to return to umpiring.

I think some previous came up with this date and wish I could give them a prize.

Monday March 17th, I will make my return to Umpiring bu working a Little League Majors game on the bases.  From there I am working a week of bases 50/70 Intermediate, Junior and Senior games.

Am scheduled to work my first plate on the 25th of March.

Already have 39 games schedule through the end of April and more will be added.

Even though I have not been umpiring I have been lucky and got some work as a paid score keeper.

We are scoring using Game Changer on iPads.  It is so easy.

I have even trained SWAMBO to score now and she is scoring games.

In fact we have date nights scheduled where she scores the game and I have the plate coming up.

Now that's what I call a Date Night :rose:

Just wanted to update everyone and thank all of those who offered prayers and support.

PLAY BALL!!!!!!!

• Like 5

Congrats...You umpired some games in January, injured the back, had surgery, rehabbed, and have gotten back on the field..while a lot of us are still waiting for the snow and/or mud to clear so we can get on the field! (typed as ice pellets hammer my living room window)

Glad you could make it back so fast! Great work!

I'm sure it feels good to be getting back out on the field. As for the date night, my wife and I often do basketball games with me on the clock while she's the official book. So I understand the unusual date nights.