Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4860 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

I am watching that game too. Runner at 1st, batter hits a ground rule double. The announcer states, " I wonder if they will let him score on that? "...sheeze.

Posted

I am watching that game too. Runner at 1st, batter hits a ground rule double. The announcer states, " I wonder if they will let him score on that? "...sheeze.

 

 

Only if he was already around third base.       :fuel:

Posted

I am watching that game too. Runner at 1st, batter hits a ground rule double. The announcer states, " I wonder if they will let him score on that? "...sheeze.

Only if he was already around third base.

Need a smilie on that, amigo, so we know you're joking.

maven

  • Like 1
Posted

What CP is the plate umpire wearing in the Miss St/Oregon St game?  

 

It looks HUGE!  

 

PU appears to be a pretty big dude too though.

Those on here who are friends of Mark Ditsworth would know, but it appears they are not weighing in. Sorry I cannot help you.

Posted

 

What CP is the plate umpire wearing in the Miss St/Oregon St game?  

 

It looks HUGE!  

 

PU appears to be a pretty big dude too though.

Those on here who are friends of Mark Ditsworth would know, but it appears they are not weighing in. Sorry I cannot help you.

 

 

 

I've just never seen a CP so high on the collar bone.  

Posted

I'm loving his corner tonight.  Watching him gives me the confidence to keep getting that pitch at the levels that I work.  If it's a strike at the CWS, it's definitely a strike at any level that I work.  Loving it!!!    :notworthy:

Posted

What happened to Steve Manders in game 2? Chris Coskey moved from 2nd to the plate and alternate Greg Street came in. There was a 10 minute delay.

Concussion??? Dehydrated? other type injury? Do they get baseline tested prior to the CWS or prior to the season, like they do in MLB? If not, why not? How long do they have to wait to umpire again?

Posted

What happened to Steve Manders in game 2? Chris Coskey moved from 2nd to the plate and alternate Greg Street came in. There was a 10 minute delay.

Concussion??? Dehydrated? other type injury? Do they get baseline tested prior to the CWS or prior to the season, like they do in MLB? If not, why not? How long do they have to wait to umpire again?

 

 

 

Hope it is nothing serious w/ Manders.  

Posted

Do they get baseline tested prior to the CWS or prior to the season, like they do in MLB?

No or at least I never have been but they'd probably set a new record for the low end of the chart if they did that lol.

 

I cant help you with the rest of the questions though.

Posted

On the radio broadcast they acted like he overheated. I have not heard the update on the TV coverage. 

Posted

 

What happened to Steve Manders in game 2? Chris Coskey moved from 2nd to the plate and alternate Greg Street came in. There was a 10 minute delay.

Concussion??? Dehydrated? other type injury? Do they get baseline tested prior to the CWS or prior to the season, like they do in MLB? If not, why not? How long do they have to wait to umpire again?

 

 

 

Hope it is nothing serious w/ Manders.  

 

Did you get a shot at those plays at the plate before he left the game? Looks like one was real close and needed to be at 3BLE or even moving around towards standing on the 1BL itself looking off the hip pocket? Did the manager/HC come out on one? Looked like a still shot somewhere of the manager/HC coming out on some play yesterday. Wondered if you got video.

Posted

Steve is a part of my college group and we have been getting updates via email. The last update is that He left the game with Shortness of Breath and Dizziness. He was taken by Paramedics to the hospital and diagnosed with his heart in A-Fib. Doctors have his heart beat back down and he is resting well and will most likely be kept overnight and is is good spirits.

Posted

 

 

What happened to Steve Manders in game 2? Chris Coskey moved from 2nd to the plate and alternate Greg Street came in. There was a 10 minute delay.

Concussion??? Dehydrated? other type injury? Do they get baseline tested prior to the CWS or prior to the season, like they do in MLB? If not, why not? How long do they have to wait to umpire again?

 

 

 

Hope it is nothing serious w/ Manders.  

 

Did you get a shot at those plays at the plate before he left the game? Looks like one was real close and needed to be at 3BLE or even moving around towards standing on the 1BL itself looking off the hip pocket? Did the manager/HC come out on one? Looked like a still shot somewhere of the manager/HC coming out on some play yesterday. Wondered if you got video.

 

 

 

I do have video.  There were two plays for outs at HP in the Indiana game that PU got right.  

 

I have to transfer, convert and edit though.  

Posted

Steve is a part of my college group and we have been getting updates via email. The last update is that He left the game with Shortness of Breath and Dizziness. He was taken by Paramedics to the hospital and diagnosed with his heart in A-Fib. Doctors have his heart beat back down and he is resting well and will most likely be kept overnight and is is good spirits.

Ken.. Please keep updates.. Steve is a great guy.

Posted

Steve is a part of my college group and we have been getting updates via email. The last update is that He left the game with Shortness of Breath and Dizziness. He was taken by Paramedics to the hospital and diagnosed with his heart in A-Fib. Doctors have his heart beat back down and he is resting well and will most likely be kept overnight and is is good spirits.

Ken.. Please keep updates.. Steve is a great guy.

Yes he is.... I'll keep everyone posted.

×
×
  • Create New...