Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4873 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Looks like a good call. I can't tell from any angle that the touched the plate.

  • Like 1
Posted

Looks like a great call. 

 

I see Nauert started in 3BLX saw the missed touch of the plate and then adjusted to verify the tag on the runner looks good to me.

Posted

Looks like a good call. I can't tell from any angle that the touched the plate.

 

at 1:10 I think he gets the plate when he slides off from the shinguard -- if I had to make the call from that view, I'd have him safe -- but nowhere near clear enough (IMO) to reverse or to say it's a "bad" call . . . with one look at high speed, there's no way to expect the ump to be able to discern that when the first and best contact was with the shin guard.

×
×
  • Create New...