Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4882 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I tried to tell the owner of TOC that a digital camo shirt would be a great seller. Nope. He went with two other designs that he can't give away.

 

He would never listen.

Posted

I have emailed the owner of Officials Choice a sample this pattern and he said, last year he would do it.

Nothing yet

Posted

Another example

Think these would fly off of the shelf if they would make an umpire jersey in this pattern.

Great on some national holiday.

Opinions?

jordan-brand-university-north-carolina-d

Posted

I don't care for the non-military variants. The whole point, to me, is a salute our fighting forces. Stick with the desert, woodland, urban, and navy ones.

 

marpat_5_large_medium.jpg

  • Like 1
Posted

Men,

 

I guess I'm mega old school. The jerseys are ugly for umpires, and so is pink for that matter. I'm not a real big fan of black either, but so many groups use it it's part of the culture now. 

 

I'm not saying it's unprofessional, but I would feel unprofessional if I wore it.

Posted

Men,

 

I guess I'm mega old school. The jerseys are ugly for umpires, and so is pink for that matter. I'm not a real big fan of black either, but so many groups use it it's part of the culture now. 

 

I'm not saying it's unprofessional, but I would feel unprofessional if I wore it.

Understand BUT think of these:

  • I remember when Joe West had this crazy idea for a new CP. People sure seemed to beat him up on that idea a long time ago.
  •  
  • Who needs team Wendy pads? The ones that come with the mask are just fine.
  •  
  • What do you mean an 'Inside CP" ? 
  •  
  • Steel toed shoes? Getting hurt is part of the game!
  •  
  • A shirt with no jacket behind the plate? How tacky!
  •  
  • Rubber belt to keep your pants up? Stupid!
  •  
  • Hockey style masks will never be used by real umpires!
  •  
  • A base shoe better than a Spotbilt OS 95? no way
  • Like 4
Posted

For me it's simple - I want to do as much as possible to draw as little attention to myself as possible.  In that regard, I couldn't do that bright blue digital camo.  Don't get me wrong, I'd wear pink in Oct to support breast cancer awareness, and I have no problem with wearing a muted, more authentic camo if trying to honor service men and women. I don't love the bright blue wrist bands for prostate cancer awareness but even that gets a pass for the sentiment.  I just think this bright blue digital camo screams, "Hey, look at me!"

Posted

For me it's simple - I want to do as much as possible to draw as little attention to myself as possible.  In that regard, I couldn't do that bright blue digital camo.  Don't get me wrong, I'd wear pink in Oct to support breast cancer awareness, and I have no problem with wearing a muted, more authentic camo if trying to honor service men and women. I don't love the bright blue wrist bands for prostate cancer awareness but even that gets a pass for the sentiment.  I just think this bright blue digital camo screams, "Hey, look at me!"

Point well taken.

Posted

I've got three Elbeco's in my umpire room, that we bust out every once and a while. Wanna know something? They are, by far, the coolest, temperature wise, shirts I own. Hands down, no contest. Maybe it's the loose fit, or full button up front, but I wear them on really hot days, and have enough for my crew.

Posted

I've got three Elbeco's in my umpire room, that we bust out every once and a while. Wanna know something? They are, by far, the coolest, temperature wise, shirts I own. Hands down, no contest. Maybe it's the loose fit, or full button up front, but I wear them on really hot days, and have enough for my crew.

Agreed they are cooler.

Posted

I've got three Elbeco's in my umpire room, that we bust out every once and a while. Wanna know something? They are, by far, the coolest, temperature wise, shirts I own. Hands down, no contest. Maybe it's the loose fit, or full button up front, but I wear them on really hot days, and have enough for my crew.

I can see those being a real benefit on those scorching San Diego days! ;)

Posted

 

I've got three Elbeco's in my umpire room, that we bust out every once and a while. Wanna know something? They are, by far, the coolest, temperature wise, shirts I own. Hands down, no contest. Maybe it's the loose fit, or full button up front, but I wear them on really hot days, and have enough for my crew.

I can see those being a real benefit on those scorching San Diego days! ;)

 

I live near the coast, so I'm pretty lucky. But just a few miles inland, and you're in the desert. So it's Elbeco's and Honig's sombreros for me.

Posted

 

 

I've got three Elbeco's in my umpire room, that we bust out every once and a while. Wanna know something? They are, by far, the coolest, temperature wise, shirts I own. Hands down, no contest. Maybe it's the loose fit, or full button up front, but I wear them on really hot days, and have enough for my crew.

I can see those being a real benefit on those scorching San Diego days! ;)

 

I live near the coast, so I'm pretty lucky. But just a few miles inland, and you're in the desert. So it's Elbeco's and Honig's sombreros for me.

 

I know Kyle, ....although not a native, ...VERY familiar w/ the "North County" climate ;)  I was just messin with ya! :wave:

 

You are a lucky dude! :notworthy:

Posted

There was a better looking shirt than Elbeco called a Hathaway.nicer blue and sharper looking.

I used to have the laundry press them "military press". I had an umpire at a Memorial Day tournament wearing a flag as a shirt wanting me to wear his other shirt which was camo.

The American flag is not a shirt, or a bandanna, or a beach towel. Ever read the American Legion flag rules. How the flag should be displayed and folded? I told him there was no way I was wearing a camo umpire shirt. I thought he was disrespectful to wear a shirt that looked like a flag. There are other ways to honor veterans rather than wearing military looking umpire uniforms and flags as shirts. I wore a black shirt while mr. U.S.A. wore his flag. I was embarrassed to be on the field with him. Thought he looked like a jackass.

Posted

There was a better looking shirt than Elbeco called a Hathaway.nicer blue and sharper looking.

I used to have the laundry press them "military press". I had an umpire at a Memorial Day tournament wearing a flag as a shirt wanting me to wear his other shirt which was camo.

The American flag is not a shirt, or a bandanna, or a beach towel. Ever read the American Legion flag rules. How the flag should be displayed and folded? I told him there was no way I was wearing a camo umpire shirt. I thought he was disrespectful to wear a shirt that looked like a flag. There are other ways to honor veterans rather than wearing military looking umpire uniforms and flags as shirts. I wore a black shirt while mr. U.S.A. wore his flag. I was embarrassed to be on the field with him. Thought he looked like a jackass.

I have never advocated wearing an american flag shirt. Read my profile.

Posted

Please let's not get into the Flag Shirt thing again!!!!  :no:

AGREE ....please......

 

That said though, ...... a shirt with graphics that resemble the Flag is certainly NOT the Flag, so wearing it isn't what people make it out to be, but that's MY opinion.  Would I wear one? No, but regardless ......

×
×
  • Create New...