ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Professional Baseball Umpire Corp (PBUCâ„¢), a Minor League Baseballâ„¢ wholly owned subsidiary, announced Wednesday that it extended offers of employment to 31 of the 60 candidates that attended its recently completed Evaluation Course held at Vero Beach Sports Villageâ„¢ in Vero Beach, Fla. Fourteen others were recommended for hire to the Coastal Plain League, a collegiate summer league, with which PBUC has a working agreement. These umpires will continue to hone their skills while waiting for the call to work Minor League Baseball games.

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130327&content_id=43396022&vkey=pr_&fext=.jsp&sid=

Anybody we know???

Historically U-E members have done pretty well.

I only know some of the guys who made it from TUS but here's the list. There might be a few more, sorry for the incomplete list.

Kale rodrigues, Skyler Shown, Donnie Smith, Jesse Orosco, Chris Llyod, Rich Graza, Adam Beck, Grant Conrad, Brennan Miller.

Adam Beck is a great umpire and even better person. He is from Central Florda and the local HS Association as well as the Rec Leagues that he has worked for in the past will miss him, but wish him nothing but the best. He will make an excellent addition to the crew.

• Like 1

That day was a ton of fun. Jim played a little first base then argued some calls and Skyler tossed him and they got the pictures on Jim's blog.

Skyler was in my crew he worked his tail off everyday and deserved the job. I'm happy for him. As goes for all the guys hired its not going to be an easy road but they put in the work and deserve to be there.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By UmpJoel
      I am an experienced/approved CDP Umpire seeking teams for week 6 (7/10), week 7 (7/17) and week 8 (7/24).  I am certified in New York state and South Carolina.  I am professional and reliable.  It would be my pleasure to represent your team at Cooperstown Dreams Park this summer.
      Joel (UmpJoel) Rubin
    • By MadMax
      In viewing clips of pitches and hits on mlb.tv, I have noticed a trend – MLB umpires are opting to a wider variety of masks rather than the default, formerly supplied Wilson DynaLite. We’re still seeing guys use the Wilson DynAlum and the occasional Wilson Titanium (Way Too) Low Profile, and there are those still relying on their Nike Icon Titaniums, but we’re also seeing increased numbers of Mizunos, Force3 Defenders, and All-Star FM4000MAGs.
      I’m sincerely wondering when that “paradigm shift” or “break point” is going to occur, when it is open season on branding gear with attributed logos instead of hiding, obscuring, or flat-out lying so as to appease a company that lethargically refuses to progressively protect their “sponsored” representatives. Because a knocked-off mask is viewed as a “failed mask”, MLB umpires – wearing Wilson -marked masks especially – are directed to wear their masks far too tight. Well, coincidentally, this plays right into Force3’s strengths, as the reactive spring suspension functions best when the mask is worn snugly. It’s just a shame that Force3 doesn’t receive due credit!
    • By djkiley
      Anyone who is looking to get a job in minor league baseball should look into attending O.U.T.S. Run by Bob Bainter. The chief instructor is Brent Rice who is also the lead instructor at Wendelstedt. We have had the top returning student 6 years running. We place 27 umpires in the Northwoods league during the summer. That is the premier wood bat College league. Our camp is 10 days in Cocoa Beach, Fla. Registration is now open. You do not need to have attended a school. However, we prefer that you want to. Certainly,  will not preclude you from getting a placement. We will have many special guests. Reps from the App league, Northwoods, Atlantic league, Frontier league. More to come. Please visit our website.
      http://www.oceansideumpiretraining.com/
    • By djkiley
      Anyone who is looking to get a job in minor league baseball should look into attending O.U.T.S. Run by Bob Bainter. The chief instructor is Brent Rice who is also the lead instructor at Wendelstedt. We have had the top returning student 6 years running. We place 27 umpires in the Northwoods league during the summer. That is the premier wood bat College league. Our camp is 10 days in Cocoa Beach, Fla. Registration is now open. You do not need to have attended a school. However, we prefer that you want to. Certainly,  will not preclude you from getting a placement. We will have many special guests. Reps from the App league, Northwoods, Atlantic league, Frontier league. More to come. Please visit our website.
      http://www.oceansideumpiretraining.com/