Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5193 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Wasn't that Robin's rookie year? That is either a total lack of respect, or great marketing.

Posted

Still can't believe that they didn't toss Ryan for that performance on Ventura's head. I have a feeling that if it happened today, it wouldn't matter if he was the greatest pitcher to live, he would have an early shower for that performance.

Posted

Still can't believe that they didn't toss Ryan for that performance on Ventura's head. I have a feeling that if it happened today, it wouldn't matter if he was the greatest pitcher to live, he would have an early shower for that performance.

If I remember correctly, Legion rules allow the pitcher to remain in the game if he remains on the dirt circle and defends himself.

Posted

Still can't believe that they didn't toss Ryan for that performance on Ventura's head. I have a feeling that if it happened today, it wouldn't matter if he was the greatest pitcher to live, he would have an early shower for that performance.

they rewarded an old timer for kicking a kids ass :clap: :cheers:

Posted

It almost looks like Ventura had second thoughts after he got about half way there, like he was thinking that's Nolan Ryan, I can't hit a future Hall Of Famer. However, Ryan had no such reservations.

Posted

Still can't believe that they didn't toss Ryan for that performance on Ventura's head. I have a feeling that if it happened today, it wouldn't matter if he was the greatest pitcher to live, he would have an early shower for that performance.

If I remember correctly, Legion rules allow the pitcher to remain in the game if he remains on the dirt circle and defends himself.

I don't do legion but I thought they used FED rules. But this was OBR(MLB).

Posted

Legion uses modified OBR.

Unless you live in an area where they ignore the national Legion rules and use NFHS rules anyway.

Legion rules, as written, include no re-entry, the NCAA FPSR, no malicious contact allowed, no courtesy runners allowed, and the DH can only hit for the pitcher.

Posted

Legion uses modified OBR.

Unless you live in an area where they ignore the national Legion rules and use NFHS rules anyway.

Legion rules, as written, include no re-entry, the NCAA FPSR, no malicious contact allowed, no courtesy runners allowed, and the DH can only hit for the pitcher.

Our state director in VA made us go to no re-entry and courtesy runners this year (in past years, this was allowed in district play) for both Jr and Sr programs.

Posted

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=12745349&topic_id=&c_id=mlb&tcid=vpp_copy_12745349&v=3

Whenever I see Ventura all I can think about is Nolan Ryan beating the crap out of him.

Reminds me of Gunsmoke, Festus saying,"I'll put knots on your head faster than you rub them!"

Posted

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=12745349&topic_id=&c_id=mlb&tcid=vpp_copy_12745349&v=3

Whenever I see Ventura all I can think about is Nolan Ryan beating the crap out of him.

Doesn't help that he's wearing Kardashian girl specs in the dugout...

×
×
  • Create New...