Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4504 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

The Champro is a tad heavier because of the metal snaps. The All Stars have a rubbery strap, and they're fairly light.

I had the Mizuno rig in my hands, and failed to see a big deal about it.

Use what protects you, gives you confidence, and what you think looks good. That's why they make so many different models.

Me, and think that all metal All Star setup looks like a big silver turtle giving birth to baby turtle. On your face.

Posted

all metal All Star setup looks like a big silver turtle giving birth to baby turtle. On your face.

I've heard this somewhere before

Posted

I agree the Japanese Mizuno one looks good, but its probably about $30 to get it here ($15 for the guard and $15 for s&h). It doesnt look that cool, lol.

I'm expecting a package any day with my Mizuno mask / Spider TG. Will share thoughts when I get it.

How many freakin Masks do you need!!!!!!!!

Posted

Good lord fellas, if adding a throat guard makes your mask too heavy, you may need to work on your neck strength!

  • Like 2
Posted

Good lord fellas, if adding a throat guard makes your mask too heavy, you may need to work on your neck strength!

Glad I'm not the only one thinking it. Compared to how heavy the old steel masks that I used to wear were, a lightweight mask with plastic throat guard is nothing.

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

I've always hated plastic throat guards. They either stuck to my protector or I could *feel* the weight dangling there. So I bought the $29 magnesium protector that matches the All Star System 7 I bought.

I also never liked 6 inch protectors. So I had my doubts.

No more doubts. I've worn it now for about 10 plate jobs and I don't even realize it's attached. It may look goofy to some of you, but I'm not looking at it when I'm wearing it and I can't even remember it's attached when I do.

  • Like 1
  • 1 year later...
Posted

 

Free with the purchase of the Spyder TG on eBay you get a Vitamin E lotion tube.

the same lube you get when you buy the UE stuff, right? :fuel:

 

you sounded just like Major, no offense, before he used the Force3 products.

Posted

 

 

Free with the purchase of the Spyder TG on eBay you get a Vitamin E lotion tube.

the same lube you get when you buy the UE stuff, right? :fuel:

 

you sounded just like Major, no offense, before he used the Force3 products.

 

Question: why did you say what you said about the Spyder TG on ebay?

Posted

80$... I think I'll pass... I think I'll buy a Mizuno.

×
×
  • Create New...