Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5923 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

All ...

I have the Titan Alloy Flex Cup from SD, w/ the supporter w/ pocket and like it very much, ...very comfy. HOWEVER ...due to the soft cushioned sides of the cup, ...utilizing the pocket is a disaster! It's an ordeal to get it in properly.

Aside from going w/ a supporter w/out a pocket, does anyone have any suggestions?

TIA:D

  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

It's an ordeal to get it in properly.

Aside from going w/ a supporter w/out a pocket, does anyone have any suggestions?

TIA:D

D,

I put my cup in BEFORE I don the long legged SD drawers. A simple tug from the rear, and VOILA! I'm snug. I pull then on over my jockeys, so my boys are semi in place already. Works for me.

Yeah, trying to fit the cup in whilst wearing the long johns we pretty frustrating, as those rubber edges got caught in the mesh lining. It's much easier to place it first, then put the whole rig on.

But everyone is built differently, so YMMV is definitely in effect here.

Posted

D,

I put my cup in BEFORE I don the long legged SD drawers. A simple tug from the rear, and VOILA! I'm snug. I pull then on over my jockeys, so my boys are semi in place already. Works for me.

Yeah, trying to fit the cup in whilst wearing the long johns we pretty frustrating, as those rubber edges got caught in the mesh lining. It's much easier to place it first, then put the whole rig on.

But everyone is built differently, so YMMV is definitely in effect here.

Got that!! HOWEVER..that's not too conducive to , say, a long back to back to back to back etc tourney ......no real big deal, just wondering ....:shrug:

Posted

Got that!! HOWEVER..that's not too conducive to , say, a long back to back to back to back etc tourney ......no real big deal, just wondering ....:HS

Why not? Wear the cup on the bases, too.

Posted

D,

I put my cup in BEFORE I don the long legged SD drawers. A simple tug from the rear, and VOILA! I'm snug. I pull then on over my jockeys, so my boys are semi in place already. Works for me.

Yeah, trying to fit the cup in whilst wearing the long johns we pretty frustrating, as those rubber edges got caught in the mesh lining. It's much easier to place it first, then put the whole rig on.

But everyone is built differently, so YMMV is definitely in effect here.

Do you wear these?

http://www.ump-attire.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=230&Category_Code=SUPPORTERS-CUPS&Product_Count=7

If so, how do you like them. I have the Smitty long tights and the cup wants to float away from by boys and ride up a bit...not good for protection. I have use a jock over to hold it in place better but the pocket is not deep so the boys want to slide out the side which is NOT comfortable either...

Posted

I've been using the McDavids hex pad shorts the past 2 seasons.

The cup pocket is quite deep.

Just tried the All Star Shock Jock in there....SOB never wavered....very comfy....

I've used the McD with different cups in the "collection" without an issue really....the deep pocket....ONE PIECE that's right on the shorts....not an attached pocket....has been just fine for me.

Scuzz

www.mcdavidusa.com

the coupon code of mcd103 still works and bangs 50 % off.

Posted

... www.mcdavidusa.com

the coupon code of mcd103 still works and bangs 50 % off.

I temporarily misplaced my McDavid black tights and worked a game without them. I called a good game, but it was a struggle.

I have a back-up pair, but they were in my back-up bag. If only I had a back-up in my main bag also. So, I did what anyone would do: I got right on the computer and ordered a second back-up pair with the idea of trying Scuzzy's discount code again. And I figured that as long as I was up there, I might as well grab some other fine McDavid products.

Checkout time ... type in code ... sub-total: bara bing! ... half off! ... still!

Posted

If you change your pants, change your cup.

Behind the plate, I am stationary. I wear the SD Titan Alloy stainless steel type.

On the bases, we can make self-preservation movements. I wear the lighter, more comfortable SD Carbon Flex model.

But after watching a base guy get jeweled and carted away several years back, I wore a cup on the bases every time. (My son made a pickoff throw in a tournament and it skipped off the corner of the bag and right into the hands-on-knees-set guy's jewels. It was a great move, but it was a greater lesson.)

It's not the same set of dangers on the bases, but that I-can-get-out-of-the-way-in-time attitude is foolhardy.

Posted

If you change your pants, change your cup.

Behind the plate, I am stationary. I wear the SD Titan Alloy stainless steel type.

On the bases, we can make self-preservation movements. I wear the lighter, more comfortable SD Carbon Flex model.

But after watching a base guy get jeweled and carted away several years back, I wore a cup on the bases every time. (My son made a pickoff throw in a tournament and it skipped off the corner of the bag and right into the hands-on-knees-set guy's jewels. It was a great move, but it was a greater lesson.)

It's not the same set of dangers on the bases, but that I-can-get-out-of-the-way-in-time attitude is foolhardy.

Agreed. If you're wearing it properly, then it's not particularly uncomfortable

Posted (edited)

I've been using the McDavids hex pad shorts the past 2 seasons.

The cup pocket is quite deep.

Just tried the All Star Shock Jock in there....SOB never wavered....very comfy....

I've used the McD with different cups in the "collection" without an issue really....the deep pocket....ONE PIECE that's right on the shorts....not an attached pocket....has been just fine for me.

Scuzz

www.mcdavidusa.com

the coupon code of mcd103 still works and bangs 50 % off.

Thanks for the code I just picked up a nice shirt and hexpad umpire pants and saved a nice bit of money.

Edited by T-Rav
Posted

Agreed. If you're wearing it properly, then it's not particularly uncomfortable

There's only been a few times that I could tell I had one on while working the bases. Even if it was a bit uncomfortable, I'd rather wear a cup than not.

Posted

Adrian Beltre never wore a cup playing third in the big leagues. I kid you not.

Read this 2009 blurb about his exploits without a cup and then tell me it's worth the risk:

Beltre could be out for season with testicle injury

The Mariners placed third baseman Adrian Beltre on the 15-day disabled list with a severely contused right testicle.

Beltre suffered the injury in the ninth inning when a ground ball off the bat of Chicago White Sox shortstop Alexei Ramirez hit Beltre in the groin. Beltre does not wear a protective cup. He finished the 14-inning game.

Manager Don Wakamatsu said Beltre might need surgery because of bleeding in the testicle. If surgery is required, it could take months for Beltre to recover.

Infielder Josh Wilson was promoted from Triple-A Tacoma to replace Beltre on the 25-man roster. Wilson will start at shortstop tonight against the Yankees.

Beltre has played nine games since returning from left shoulder surgery Aug. 4 and was riding an eight-game hitting streak. For the season he is hitting .275 with five homers and 31 RBIs.

The injury deals a major blow to the Mariners, who are hanging around the fringe of the American League wild card race as they enter a four-game series against the New York Yankees.

Wilson was hitting .245 with one homer in 16 games with the Rainiers since July 14. He was with the big league team for nearly a month after being claimed off waiver from the San Diego Padres on June 19. In four games with the Mariners he went 0-for-2 and scored two runs.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlesports/archives/176447.asp


×
×
  • Create New...