New Balance

MidAmUmp
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4594 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like Homerun Monkey is getting ready to sell the new New Balance plate and base shoes. They are pictured but not available yet.

http://www.homerunmo...e-footwear.html

Wow, what a step backwards in looks, and performance. They're even uglier than the 450 (if that was possible), and have a smoother sole for less traction.

Look, I wear the 450 because of the comfort and traction. But these new boots aren't getting my dollars. I'll just stock up on a few pair of 450s when the price drops.

I am not crazy about the looks but my 450's have been solid with the exception of the stitching coming loose on the toe. I like the new ones even less but I doubt the Reeboks are going to work for me. I have never been able to wear Reebok shoes. The NB's don't fit great but are close enough.

Why dont u guys try the 3N2 plate shoes. They are awesome. Very light and solid black and weigh less than a pound per shoe. They also look very sharp .You have to order half size up. I am overly impressed and pleased with this plate shoe. After doing 70 plus plate games this year they have held up very well and the few times i have been hit on the toe i never felt anything..Just my two cents worth

Why dont u guys try the 3N2 plate shoes. They are awesome. Very light and solid black and weigh less than a pound per shoe. They also look very sharp .You have to order half size up. I am overly impressed and pleased with this plate shoe. After doing 70 plus plate games this year they have held up very well and the few times i have been hit on the toe i never felt anything..Just my two cents worth

+1 Very comfy!! Before I got my Reeboks, I wore these for most of last season and I must concur!! Their base shoe is very comfy as well. For those who like white on their shoes,...a little 'model car paint' does the trick!! :)

My favorite looking shoe is the oxford +POS. A classy, low top shoe that was a joy to shine. Honestly, a coat of Parade Gloss on them, and you looked like Fred Astaire. The trouble was they weighed a ton, so dancing with Ginger was not in the cards.

I like the feel of the Reeboks, but not the sole. For me, it just picks up too much wet Turface, and gets gummy. I like the "gap toothed" sole of the 450s much more. That said, I have three pair of Magistrates for the field. Love them on the bases. Go figure.

I really like the big spikes of the Goodyears soles on the +POS. One big knock against something solid, and they cleared themselves of all mud. No so with the others. But they are solid, heavy rubber.

So, someone needs to build a good looking shoe, with a knobby composite sole. (No, the 3n2 isn't even close to being good looking).

One more thing. The nose of the shoe needs to be tapered, and not blunt. I took a ball off the big toe on Sunday, and while the cap did its job, the shock was, well, shocking. The +POS was much better shaped for this type of blow.

This past weekend, I saw Ed Hickox wearing these shoes... they look pretty sweet with our Poly wools on..

http://www.nextag.co...624/prices-html

That's what those are ?!? Those do look nice! However, ...for you guys who have 'dustless' fields (basically) that's fine, but a shoe with too much mesh will get way too dirty for "our" level.....:unsure: