Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 6034 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

So I got my Ultimate Polo Blue in today from ump-attire.com. I am wanting to know if anyone else has gotten any. It seems to me as the colors are a bit off with Honig's and other polo blue shirts. Perhaps it is just me, but I have asked a couple people who are completely oblivious to what we do, and just got their opinion on colors without hinting which is which, or that they seem to be different colors. Anyone else out there?

  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Correct. The Polo Blue with the black collar. It seems a slight, yet noticable, different shade than that of Honig's, and even the Dalco I currently have.

Posted

Well,

I had a CK one by Gerry Davis. Compared to the Honigs it also seemed a bit off. The Honigs seemed a little deeper of a blue color. There is a difference, but I don't think it's unique to the UU shirts. I have a Smitty MLB powder coming on Monday. I'm interested to see which shade they chose.

Posted

Powder is the one with the navy/white stripes on the collar. Polo blue is the MLB shirt with the black collar.

Posted

I understand that there is a possibility of different colors, but when most people in our association either have Dalco or Honig's, I'm definitely not going to match...

Posted

I understand completely.

It seems that there are two versions of the shirt. I can't vouch for the quality of the Honigs, but I can for the Dalcos and the UU shirts.

UU Shirt > Dalco

I dunno what to say other than that.

Posted

Well,

I had a CK one by Gerry Davis. Compared to the Honigs it also seemed a bit off. The Honigs seemed a little deeper of a blue color. There is a difference, but I don't think it's unique to the UU shirts. I have a Smitty MLB powder coming on Monday. I'm interested to see which shade they chose.

The Smitty has that Cliff Keen shade.

The Honig's and Majestic match. The Cliff Keen and the Smitty match. I have all but the Cliff Keen, and the Majestic is the best.

Posted

Powder is the one with the navy/white stripes on the collar. Polo blue is the MLB shirt with the black collar.

That description makes no sense. You could put either collar (black or navy/white) on any color shirt. Some manufacturers have put the black collar on their standard powder shirt and called it a "pro shirt."

It's kind of like the "charcoal" pants -- until the colors are standardized, there will be multiple shades of "polo" "powder" "charcoal" "navy" and so on.

Posted

That description makes no sense. You could put either collar (black or navy/white) on any color shirt. Some manufacturers have put the black collar on their standard powder shirt and called it a "pro shirt."

It's kind of like the "charcoal" pants -- until the colors are standardized, there will be multiple shades of "polo" "powder" "charcoal" "navy" and so on.

True for both the shirts and pants there needs to be a true color standardization.

Posted

The Smitty has that Cliff Keen shade.

The Honig's and Majestic match. The Cliff Keen and the Smitty match. I have all but the Cliff Keen, and the Majestic is the best.

That's good to know. Most guys here have the CK pro powder. I sold mine for $20 to one of my good friends because the size wasn't right. now we can both wear the block collar. So my Smitty will match well.

And I agree Warren. There has to be standardization by the manufactures as far as colors go. Gerry Davis charcoals look different than Smitty charcoals, yet they are both listen as "charcoals".

Tisk tisk.;)

Posted

True for both the shirts and pants there needs to be a true color standardization.

Tell that to the one company that deliberately manufactures shirts and pants that are non-standard in both color and style: Official's Choice.

Posted

Ok so after taking them out and comparing them in the bright daylight, the color isn't that much different after all. I don't know what it was, but under artificial light (light bulbs) the shades of blue did not look even remotely the same. However, my partner and I got them out today prior to our game the colors (Ultimate and Honig's) actually looked really close. Close enough that we both wore them in the game.

Posted

I understand that there is a possibility of different colors, but when most people in our association either have Dalco or Honig's, I'm definitely not going to match...

If you knew this, why didn't you get the Dalco or Honigs?

Posted

Correct. The Polo Blue with the black collar. It seems a slight, yet noticable, different shade than that of Honig's, and even the Dalco I currently have.

I don't mean to put words in his mouth, but I think I wanted a quality shirt, other than his Dalco.

Posted

I don't mean to put words in his mouth, but I think I wanted a quality shirt, other than his Dalco.

I didn't get the Dalco or Honig's because I have a black and red Ultimate Shirt and love the make and material of them. I have Dalco shirts and the Ultimates are so much better. Also, I know people with the Honig's and I just do not like something about them, I don't really know what it is though...

Posted

I agree.

I was in a crunch and I needed some shirts (I lost/ or someone stole my others). My ma and pa sporting goods stroe in town had shirts. They were all Dalco. I was forced to buy them.

Huge mistake. I ran across some old LeTrell shirts which were light years better than the Dalco.

I'm currently upgrading to all Smitty shirts, I love them.

I've never been a fan of Honigs either.

Posted

So the Blue Polo Shirt I bought at Walmart and long with my Wally Heather Grays and my Walmart Steel Toe Boots are not professional enough for Umpiring?


×
×
  • Create New...