Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 6048 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I am starting my second season as an umpire. :nod:

I REALLY hate the outside chest protectors. :home:

I was wondering if anyone has any good ones that aren't too expensive. (not the $100 Wilson gold kind)

Thanks for the help, please give me a link if you want to suggest one. Thanks!

  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

I am starting my second season as an umpire. :nod:

I REALLY hate the outside chest protectors. :home:

I was wondering if anyone has any good ones that aren't too expensive. (not the $100 Wilson gold kind)

Thanks for the help, please give me a link if you want to suggest one. Thanks!

Search Ebay - sometimes there are good deals on quality used gear... in fact, there are a couple of original West Vests on Ebay right now, I believe.

Posted

The resale value of West Vests are such that they're really no bargain. That speaks volumes to their true value. You can buy one, wear it for three years, and get most of you money back on eBay.

My suggestion is to save your pennies, and buy pro gear. You'll never, ever regret it, and thank me later.

Short of that, the Champion series 200-210-220, at less than 50 bucks is your next best bet.

Posted

The resale value of West Vests are such that they're really no bargain. That speaks volumes to their true value. You can buy one, wear it for three years, and get most of you money back on eBay.

My suggestion is to save your pennies, and buy pro gear. You'll never, ever regret it, and thank me later.

Short of that, the Champion series 200-210-220, at less than 50 bucks is your next best bet.

Yep. Agreed. There are a bunch of CPs on eBay right now, including a full set, shins and mask with the Wilson Charcoal CP that's at $122 right now.

Also, the Champion Kyle's referring to is their hard-shell. The 200 is 17" long, the 210 is 15", and the 220 is 13"


×
×
  • Create New...