Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5563 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

For those of you that don't mind the Officials Choice shirts they have several colors for $10

  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Jax,

I was just on there and all they had was black that I saw. What else is on sale?

Posted

ditto, I didn't see anything else besides black ...

question, ...anyone purchase one lately? How's the overall quality in general, and do these have a 'stretch' feel to them like Smitty's, or are they stiffer like Honig's (old) or Dalco?

Thanks....

Posted

Jax,

I was just on there and all they had was black that I saw. What else is on sale?

yes they have multiple colors just like Henry Ford would let you buy any color car as long as it was black. lol.

Posted

Sorry guys the email I got said:

-The 2011 'Entry Level II' Short Sleeve

Powder Blue & Navy Blue Umpire Shirts

are $10.00 & UP.

NEW & IMPROVED THIS SEASON

<NAVY BLUE or POWDER BLUE>

Didn't notice the & Up part!

Posted

Hey Jeff, while I haven't purchased any this year, a couple of guys in my association have. The material is much better than the see-through tissue paper thin shirts of the past. I would say they are getting closer to the Honigs, although they still have the thicker stripes on the black. I don't know how much I would wear it, but I have to give them credit, they are improving the quality.

I have a black and powder that I bought last year for 10 bucks each, that were advertised as "UV Protection." The material on those was actually pretty darn good. The fabric on them was a lot like an under armour fabric. They didn't have open holes, and the fabric is very soft and very comfortable, and not hot at all. I think they were onto something there, but not offering shirts in that fabric anymore.

Posted

Hey Jeff, while I haven't purchased any this year, a couple of guys in my association have. The material is much better than the see-through tissue paper thin shirts of the past. I would say they are getting closer to the Honigs, although they still have the thicker stripes on the black. I don't know how much I would wear it, but I have to give them credit, they are improving the quality.

I have a black and powder that I bought last year for 10 bucks each, that were advertised as "UV Protection." The material on those was actually pretty darn good. The fabric on them was a lot like an under armour fabric. They didn't have open holes, and the fabric is very soft and very comfortable, and not hot at all. I think they were onto something there, but not offering shirts in that fabric anymore.

My main partner and I were looking at picking up some "greys" for a tourney coming up soon and OC was the only one I was aware of that had a pro-style grey...that's why I'm asking........ thanks!

Posted

a pro-style grey

Whats a prostyle gray? Because I don't know of any pros who wear that color so it seems like and oxymoron to me lol

very good question!!! LOL ...my fault ...what I meant was, ..... a black-collared grey ....

Posted

I haven't got one of $10 shirts, but I got one of the new long sleeved shirt recently. It's modeled after a +POS I sent them about a year ago, to use as template. The difference between theirs, and everyone elses is that it has a cotten liner in it, and it keeps you very warm. The +POS shirt is the finest piece of gear I've ever owned, and they did a pretty nice job duplicating it. Now, I have the prototype, and I'm waiting for a couple black production models to show up on my porch in the next couple of weeks. Right now, they're $14, which is a steal IF they're like the test model I've got.

Posted

Well for like one season MLB alternate color to Black was grey

Here is Ted Barret wearing Grey

a pro-style grey

Whats a prostyle gray? Because I don't know of any pros who wear that color so it seems like and oxymoron to me lol

very good question!!! LOL ...my fault ...what I meant was, ..... a black-collared grey ....

post-920-0-24440200-1310483158_thumb.jpg

Posted

a pro-style grey

Whats a prostyle gray? Because I don't know of any pros who wear that color so it seems like and oxymoron to me lol

When MLB first flipped umpire uniforms over to black in the 2000 playoffs and then for the start of 2001, the warm weather shirt was grey. As a matter of fact, if you cue up tape of Brett (or was it Aaron?) Boone's walk-off home run at Yankee Stadium in the playoffs, the plate umpire (Tim McClelland) is wearing the grey shirt.

"Pro Style" grey has the same colour scheme and trim pattern of the black and polo blue shirt. Primary colour is grey, including most of the collar. The two thin white lines on the black and polo shirt also remain white on the grey shirt. The thicker stripe in the middle (the part that is polo blue on the polo blue shirts) is black on the old pro greys.

Here is what it looked like: http://pluspos.com/Web/productdetail.aspx?ProductID=57

The photo slide show on the World Umpires' Association website still features a few pictures with umpires wearing the old grey shirts.

Posted

Hey ...found this too ....

vOOKdgsd.jpg

pluspos.com has them on their site. Can't vouch for the quality.

And that's so much better looking than light blue, wouldn't ya say, fellas?

Posted

Hey ...found this too ....

pluspos.com has them on their site. Can't vouch for the quality.

And that's so much better looking than light blue, wouldn't ya say, fellas?

Kyle, I've heard bad things about the +POS stuff lately ....

And, yes, it's better looking than the blue, BUT ...the gray is almost too light, ...dingy if you will ...a nice grey would be sharp....

Posted

In the summer, I work primarily with the same partner.

We have several shirts from The Officials Choice, including black, new black, pro blue, new pro blue, gray, white and the creme. These are GREAT shirts for summer ball. I could not recommend them more highly.

Posted

In the summer, I work primarily with the same partner.

We have several shirts from The Officials Choice, including black, new black, pro blue, new pro blue, gray, white and the creme. These are GREAT shirts for summer ball. I could not recommend them more highly.

That's good info, .... we have grey's coming....

when you say "new pro blue' ...are you talking about the Majestic MLB copy?

Posted

In the summer, I work primarily with the same partner.

We have several shirts from The Officials Choice, including black, new black, pro blue, new pro blue, gray, white and the creme. These are GREAT shirts for summer ball. I could not recommend them more highly.

That's good info, .... we have grey's coming....

when you say "new pro blue' ...are you talking about the Majestic MLB copy?

Yes.

And they both look GOOD!

Posted

In the summer, I work primarily with the same partner.

We have several shirts from The Officials Choice, including black, new black, pro blue, new pro blue, gray, white and the creme. These are GREAT shirts for summer ball. I could not recommend them more highly.

That's good info, .... we have grey's coming....

when you say "new pro blue' ...are you talking about the Majestic MLB copy?

Yes.

And they both look GOOD!

Really ??? Did you get the sky blue and black, or just the sky blue .... hmmmmm

Posted

The OC grey shirt has a mostly black collar. It doesn't look like the grey that the MLB guys used to wear, or like the grey that Dalco, Smitty, etc. make, which only have a black and white stripe on the collar and sleeves.

Posted

The OC grey shirt has a mostly black collar. It doesn't look like the grey that the MLB guys used to wear, or like the grey that Dalco, Smitty, etc. make, which only have a black and white stripe on the collar and sleeves.

true .... it's kind of what I liked about it .....mostly black collar


×
×
  • Create New...