Jump to content

NWA_UMP

Established Member
  • Posts

    637
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    4

Everything posted by NWA_UMP

  1. Why...the courts have ruled there is no such thing as stolen valor...maybe we should just follow their lead...:cheers::wow:
  2. In Arkansas we don't use a patch or logo...glad we don't. That way I only have to have two sets of shirts...cool/warm weather and HOT weather shirts. The logo'ing seems to me to be quite expensive...I could see having ONE garmet or hat logo'ed but not everything...seems OVERKILL
  3. I spray my hats with a Lysol type product after I finish my set of games and allow them to dry...it really helps control the odor that mesh can accumulate. But wool does not have that issue AS BAD as mesh but they will start to grow after a while...
  4. I have three (2SS 1LS)of their shirts and love them....during High School season that is! They are thick! But for cooler weather during HS ball that is exactly what I want. Fit and finish seem to be very solid...not sure what issues Kevin has had. Once we get to summer season they are in the closet for the duration..or at least fall ball when the days start to cool.
  5. Sounds like the feedback sessions in our association :rollinglaugh:
  6. murhpy's...ditto. works great
  7. I will tell f3 "back to pitch" and I will tell r1 "walk it up" if I get into this type of situation...After I give those two instructions I turn back to "B" and get ready for the next pitch. I have had ONE situation where a coach who came out on me when his f3 tagged out r1...I asked him one question...did you hear me give instructions to the players on what to do?...he answered "yes"...The look I gave him sent him back to the dugout...grumbling. I explained to him later that f1/f3 had their chance to get r1 and was safe...play ball!
  8. agree..but you are going to have a chit storm if you call it from the OC...but if happened as described batter/runner is doing it for one reason only...to interfer...collect that out! :2cents:
  9. I found this post on "Umpire Fraternization with Team" interesting and have nominated it accordingly for "Post Of The Month July, 2010"
  10. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
  11. Looks like a tank from WWI....
  12. Besides TOC I don't know where guys get the $10 TOC shirts...even when I get a note forwarded to me about a sale the shirts are all more expensive than the Honigs or Davis that I usually wear....therefore I don't own one maybe the $10 shirts are all in S, M or L sizes Oh well...I have borrowed TOC shirts before and I am not impressed so I won't lose sleep anytime soon....
  13. Do you wear these? http://www.ump-attire.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=230&Category_Code=SUPPORTERS-CUPS&Product_Count=7 If so, how do you like them. I have the Smitty long tights and the cup wants to float away from by boys and ride up a bit...not good for protection. I have use a jock over to hold it in place better but the pocket is not deep so the boys want to slide out the side which is NOT comfortable either...
  14. I purchased the k2010 for this season and I don't care for them...they are bulky, hard to run in, bullet proof, offer great protection at the ankle and sides of the leg...did I mention they are bulky...the knee cap protrudes out away from your leg and the ankle flaps, while armored, tend to flip or wing out away from my ankle...I use NB450 plates so it may have something to do with the high top design of the shoe. They are close to being great shins but they need some refining...on the plus side, I have taken shots to the knee that were untouched and did not feel a thing...just a loud thump and catch asking if it hit me then asking where is the ball? Pitcher has it B) 'cause that is how far it rebounded off of me.
  15. I have one long sleeve and one short sleeve in the Smitty....I like to look and the feel. Fit is fine for me behind the plate or bases, I am a solid 2x. Wore my red Smitty the other day for the finals in a USSSA World Series...it was HOT...but the shirt is cooler that my Davis shirts but not as cool as my Honigs Cream. Their Polo blue is powder with a black collar..not Polo like Honigs or Majestic. Heck even TOC shirts match better with Honigs than the Smitty or Cliff Keen...now that is saying something :HS
  16. Water on the field is a must at times...worked games yesterday with air temp in the low 90's...heat index was around 105. I was on bases and drank about 6 16.9oz bottles of water and still needed more. I don't ever want to get dehydrated again...like being drunk without the fun! I also see the need for ball bags that will keep sweat away from the baseballs...when your pants are wet from the waistband to the knees your ball bags are getting soaked!
  17. Worked District Babe Ruth tourney this weekend...most guys are HS 7A officials except for the 3 "local" league invites. We all project quality appearance: shined shoes, blocked hats, charcoal pants, Honigs or Davis(Cliff Keen) shirts, CCA manuals, pre-game routines, etc....EXCEPT the local guys! They were in faded shirts, faded hats, Wal-Mart/heather pants and were constantly out of rotation. They did not know any better and had never been exposed to higher level officiating. The minute we walked onto the field the coaches knew who was who....I never had a word said to me about a call all weekend...I watched a "local" guy get torn apart by a coach...yes he deserved it! In "C" with runners at 1st & 3rd. Called an f2-f3 pick off out at 1st from "c"...not just "c" but almost "d". Was I better? Don't know, would like to think I was....local guy was out of position and made the correct call...he still paid the price for being 1. poorly dressed 2. out of position. Half the battle is being where you are supposed to be and looking like you belong there. The rest is now up to your ability and drive....
  18. HOLY !!! I love the bulb pump idea, brilliant The beanie cap should be removed from every retailer on the planet. Every umpire should send any remaining specimens to a central location to be collected and . I have been told two things regarding ball bags: 1. match the color of your hat or 2. wear black to match belt, shoes and harness on your mask/bucket. I have seen the gray bags used before and thought they were fine...just not my style.
  19. ump-attire does not carry majestic... if the ultimate baseball shirts are anything like their football shirts...buy it! I love mine. Stay away from Dalco's...as was said earlier they wrinkle..bad and are just not comfortable.
  20. I agree...he "looks" good but does not look good....if you can follow. I was not impressed with his zone or mechanics behind the plate. Somebody thinks he is good :fuel:
  21. Slo- I have used my XO cup for 3 years and have not had to glue anything....if it gets to the point of needing glue, I'm sure $10 will cover the cost of a new one. So doing the quick math...purchased for $24 w/sliding pants included, used 3 years, no glue required and can get a total replacement for less than shipping required to replace Nutty....priceless Plus not to mention the fact that I have a cup that stays in place and does not have the funny bulges on the sides that cut into my legs...I feel pretty good about my investment. :cheers:
  22. Here is what I use...the white hat for my football crew was a surgical nurse of an Ortho guy...he recommended open over the knee cap with spiral stays down the side for stability. I have had great success with these but I will still have to have surgery during the off season. http://www.dme-direct.com/donjoy-lateral-j-knee-brace/
  23. Ditto I used my three times and have yet to figure out why I purchased it in the first place. :HS
  24. Make sure you are tracking the ball to the back of the glove...will help you focus on the issue at hand...no pun intended
  25. I use the Diamonds...have White & Black in those. I like the fit and the feel. They have a "mock" neck...not a true mock but the collars come up higher than a crew. They are somewhat fitted...meaning they are thighter than my UA loose and looser than my Cold Gear LS that I use during cold days. Tails are long enough not to come untucked.... http://www.ump-attire.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=1528-W&Category_Code=UMPIRE_UNDER_APPAREL&Product_Count=3 Plus you get to buy them from Jim and his fine staff @ Ump-Attire :banghead:
×
×
  • Create New...