Mask Query

umpstu
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2065 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

For what it’s worth (FWIW), Wilson has retired the “Platinum” planform of their Titanium, in both the standard and Low Profile (uber-flat) models. The new DynaLite Aluminum (DynAlum) models, and the planform that defines them, replaced them as the “top-end”, strong, lightweight masks in Wilson’s lineup. Based on their (relative) success, Wilson decided to re-introduce a titanium model in this planform.

It’s less flat and wedge-shaped than the “Platinum”-type, with far less aggressive forward rake on the chin guard. I’ve tried one on, it's a rather good unit. 

6 minutes ago, MadMax said:

For what it’s worth (FWIW), Wilson has retired the “Platinum” planform of their Titanium, in both the standard and Low Profile (uber-flat) models. The new DynaLite Aluminum (DynAlum) models, and the planform that defines them, replaced them as the “top-end”, strong, lightweight masks in Wilson’s lineup. Based on their (relative) success, Wilson decided to re-introduce a titanium model in this planform.

It’s less flat and wedge-shaped than the “Platinum”-type, with far less aggressive forward rake on the chin guard. I’ve tried one on, it's a rather good unit. 

:wow: ............did I just read what I thought I read ??? :rollinglaugh:

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, tpatience said:

123BDB2D-886D-45AB-ABFF-7A07FC1F3BD2.jpeg

I don't know why, but this mask always reminds me of a lion's mane.  Or maybe an old English judge's/king's white hair wig - all regal and "showy".  

I've only heard good things about them, but I just can't wear them.  No doubt they're good masks - just not for me.

43 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

:wow: ............did I just read what I thought I read ??? :rollinglaugh:

Why are you so shocked? I’ve said it before... I’d wear / use a Wilson product... I’ll just never buy one.

30 minutes ago, wolfe_man said:

I don't know why, but this mask always reminds me of a lion's mane. 

It ain’t the mask that makes it look like that, it’s the pads that he’s using. Something odd about what he’s using or how he’s got em positioned in the mask frame.

7 minutes ago, MadMax said:

Why are you so shocked? I’ve said it before... I’d wear / use a Wilson product... I’ll just never buy one.

It ain’t the mask that makes it look like that, it’s the pads that he’s using. Something odd about what he’s using or how he’s got em positioned in the mask frame.

LOL .....  ok, ok! :D 

NO .....i think those are just standard wilson pads ...I'll find out

5 hours ago, acpar72 said:

Also known as the most comfortable pads EVER!!!! Is Honigs still a thing tho?!!!

5 hours ago, wolfe_man said:

They’re still around 

Bought out by a guy that works in the NFL. It is now based solely out of Colorado. I miss having one locally (a hour or so away). Especially since I now am in that city for work once every few weeks.