Shock Doctor

law_reb
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3272 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

This is my 3rd season with my Shock Doctor cup.  Until last night it had not been tested.  6A high school varsity playoff quarterfinal game.  Lefty pitcher throwing mid 80's.  Catcher sets up outside for an 0-2 pitch and I'm set up inside in the slot.  Pitcher bounces a fastball inside that the catcher can't get to.  Hits me square in the cup.  It was loud.  An "ooooooo" from both dugouts.  Catcher jumps around to check on me and is apologizing profusely.  I didn't feel a thing.  I had been pleased to not have the Shock Doctor tested previously, but now that it has been I know it does the job.  I can now say I'm a pleased customer.        

I wear the shock Dr as well - best I ever had. I have the hockey version that fits into the Shock Doctor compression shorts. I will never trust another type.

I've had some shots to my Shock Doctor, but only wreck ball, nothing as serious as yours. Glad to know it can handle that as well.

So out of curiosity, did you break out into a cold sweat at the thought of what might be before you realized the cup worked that well?

• Like 1

Post a link to the shock doctor cup Yall love so much. I'm nutty buddy mongo and trophy and have a shock doctor I believe. Don't know if it's the same one Yall have or not. Trophy is for the colder says. : )

https://www.shockdoctor.com/products/cups-and-supporters/all

What we need is a volunteer to compare the shock doctor and the nutty buddy --- using one of those baseball-on-a-golf-club-shaft things. :)

Anyone?

Post videos.

What we need is a volunteer to compare the shock doctor and the nutty buddy --- using one of those baseball-on-a-golf-club-shaft things. :)

Anyone?

Post videos.

​If I volunteer to run the camera, that keeps me from being volunteered as the tester, right?

Anyone?

Post videos.

​We need............a  DAVEY CUP.   (made and TESTED, just like the Davey Strap) !!!!!

• Like 2

Anyone?

Post videos.

​I'm not volunteering, but last year in a 18U game I took a foul ball from a RHB caught my left inner thigh and came into the boyz from the side and drove the SD, which was in my SD comp shorts, into me hard. Laid me  on the ground for a good four minutes. Had two nasty bruises one on the thigh and one in the groin area. Bought the Nutty Buddy this year and so far I have taken only one dead on shot with no worries. Hopefully I never take another one like I did last year.