Thunderheads...you slow poke.

Daniel
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4331 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

U2 had a great look at the transfer or no catch. Gibson simply couldn't see it.

Agree. From home plate it looks like F1 lost his balance and the ball flew out as he was falling. The CF camera shows the transfer attempt clearly.

With the benefit of replay I have a catch.

Cuzzi did have a better look, IMO. From Gibson's view I cant fault his call.

Is this something you would want to see the crew get together and discuss.

You have an ejection .......of course I'd like to see if they could get it .........

johnnyg: I disagree, ... level of ball has nothing to do with it .....if you've got something, you've got something, yes?

If a manager comes out acting like this, he's not going to get an umpire to go for help from his partner(s). Similar situation to what happened to Don Mattingly on that gross miss pulled foot at first base call. Histrionics gets you nowhere!

As soon as I saw it, first thing, I had catch, drop on transfer. There was going to be an out one way or another. The batter should have been getting down the line to start with and there would not have been a problem.